The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For beginners like me, is there something in more detail/color that is similar to the pic below that shows the watch parts and proper name of the part or a site I can go to that explains everything. I found this pic on a site that has a lot of helpful info but it does not give a real good pic/view with the name of the item.

(not my pic-found on internet)

·
Registered
292 Posts
cnycoburn said:
For beginners like me, is there something in more detail/color that is similar to the pic below that shows the watch parts and proper name of the part or a site I can go to that explains everything. I found this pic on a site that has a lot of helpful info but it does not give a real good pic/view with the name of the item.

(not my pic-found on internet)
Hi Cindy
If you go to the Technical Guides http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html the parts are numbered and have the part description. That's what I usually do. Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Dave

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is perfect, exactly what i was looking for...i thought I had looked at all sites here...thank you so much... now to go educate myself....

·
Registered
822 Posts
A good general starting point would be the two diagrams below. They show the standard names of parts of a hand-wound movement (i.e. not automatic). Once you've got these down pat, the rest are easy! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts