The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Except this one is a little bit special ;D

A guy on another forum had the great luck to find this at a Flea market in the UK. Luckily for me, it was not the sort of thing that he collects, so he flipped it at a damn good price.

What makes this watch so special is that it has its original paperwork and box. There is a guarantee and receipt from the Hanshin Dept Store in Osaka, it also comes complete with instructions. Hopefully one of you Japanese speakers wont have to break the news that it is a receipt and a guarantee for a food mixer :D

I'm hoping that you guys can confirm that the bracelet is not original, as that is the only part of the watch that I don't like.

The watch is keeping good time (in the 2 hours that I've owned it). The crystal will need a polish or replacement. The case would probably benefit from a light refinish, but I intend to leave the case as it is, as its not that bad. The watch was made in May 1969, and has a proof dial and case back. The date wheel is in English. The inner bezel turns easily, and the watch has a 25 Jewel movement.

So thanks Neil for a great deal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll have to get there early, and spend many a long month without picking up anything decent :'( .

I've yet to find a Seiko at a flea market in France, but I've picked up quite a few interesting watches.

Here's a couple of close ups of the 6106. Underneath that scratched up crystal is a lovely dial, and a really clean movement. Some 7 hours after arriving I'm happy to report that the time keeping is still great, so I'm a happy bunny.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
:) Your welcome mate!!!!!
Oooooh must be another Neil.Knew there was only one Neilo!!
Great catch mate.Hey nowt wrong with that one.Quick clean and polish of the crystal and its a keeper. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting. The day/date on the receipt appear to be Aug 23, year 44. I'm not familiar with Japanese dating to know whether their year is anything different in relation to western calendar years.

EDIT: According to http://www.meijigakuin.ac.jp/~watson/ref/mtsh.html, "Showa 44" = 1969, which would fit the serial number of your watch of May 1969 that this watch was purchased 8-23-1969.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys

I'm very happy to report that it is still running accurately, and the lume works well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Glad you like it Lee.

Your pics are much better than mine.

I used to be quite a big contributor here back in the day but now I find the site has moved and I have had to register as a newbie.........the shame! ;)

Blimey these smilies are BIG. :eek:

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Great catch Lee, awesome watch. You got the mother load with box/papers et all. 8)

So nice to share your joy and seeing this kind of beauty. ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Neil.C said:
There is another Neil and he is the king of Seikos as well as many other brands. ;-) ^-^

[/quote]
^-^

Welcome, another Neil. You got some pretty Seiko's there amigo. 8)

Would you care to share more? Would love to see all them beauties up close. ;)
Look forward to your posts.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Neil.C said:
Thanks Dave

Here are three of my Seikos to tide you over....

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]
[/quote]
Well i'll be damned, I'm in love again. ;)
Neil, those are so minty and so beautiful my jaw has dropped.
Fantastic little gems.
Thanks for the teaser. I'm happy to have seen them. I really like the first, but to be honest I'd love to have em all. lol.

Cheers, Dave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts