The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my poor mans 62mas back from the German Watch Maker. I bought it new in 1978 and it's been going ever since. Recently the second hand started to tap the minute hand and the rooter started to sound funny so I took it in. Norbert took it apart, changed some bushings, cleaned and oiled it and replaced the seals and it's been keeping great time since yesterday morning. Not bad after 38 years. Still have the original bracelet but I like it on a NATO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
One thing I like about these, (judging from photos) is how the bezel insert slants upward toward the center, characteristic of the grail 6215-7000, and also the 6217. Looking at my watches my srp777 looks flat as does my 6105-8010. I really like that look, and I've got my eye out for one like yours, alebit I'd take one in lesser condition!

edit: that original h-link bracelet is killer!!

Pic taken from google images of the 6215

Attachments

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Great story, imagine that 38 years and it's first service. Amazing watches these vintage Seikos.

Mine says "Hi". It sports an NOS bezel as the original was shot and did not do justice to the fantastic original dial and hand set. Yours also appears to be in the same immaculate condition. The black dial versions hold up well, I had a blue dial but sold it off because the dial just didn't look good after all this time so I never wore it.

I have mine on an incorrect bracelet. I very much seek an original. Is there a bracelet code stamped into the end links on your original ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great story, imagine that 38 years and it's first service. Amazing watches these vintage Seikos.

Mine says "Hi". It sports an NOS bezel as the original was shot and did not do justice to the fantastic original dial and hand set. Yours also appears to be in the same immaculate condition. The black dial versions hold up well, I had a blue dial but sold it off because the dial just didn't look good after all this time so I never wore it.

I have mine on an incorrect bracelet. I very much seek an original. Is there a bracelet code stamped into the end links on your original ?

That bezel looks awesome. I'll have a look and let you know about the bracelet.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Digitalone, I got mine from Stefan (SeikoChrono) who is a Member and also a Vendor here on SCWF. I don't know if he has any more.

I am pretty sure Max is sold out but it never hurts to ask.

Both guys are great members and solid sellers. Top notch suppliers to us WIS's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Digitalone, I got mine from Stefan (SeikoChrono) who is a Member and also a Vendor here on SCWF. I don't know if he has any more.

I am pretty sure Max is sold out but it never hurts to ask.

Both guys are great members and solid sellers. Top notch suppliers to us WIS's.

Thanks guys. I'll give them a try.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts