• bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well now that i have many projects going at once....just the gathering parts...i am finding that many of these bands are hard to find and what i do see is just parts of bands and it gave me a idea....maybe a good one...maybe not..if we could have way of easily identifying them with pics...people could look at what they have and maybe be able to get them into hands who need them...this was brought up in other forums but not like this...not everyone knows all the parts numbers but i think pics in a central place would be helpful...maybe this is already available.....my thinking was like the trading post for just bands...people who needed one...they could see what is available and would make the hard part much easier....sorry for the ramble....you thoughts would be so welcome...thanks in advance John

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
Sure. I have more than a few old Seiko bands and would rather see them go to a Forum Member than have a fire sale on fleabay.

No one ever knows what a fellow collector wants when he says "need band for an SKK523" or such. Let the person seeking one browse through pics. Good idea.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was about to vote for Pink Floyd but forgot you americans call straps and bracelets bands!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well gotta love Pink Floyd......it was just a idea to have that index...i know many people i speak with and many ask me for this or that..without pics...most times i have no idea the exact one they need...with so many out there...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well you gotta have great music ..no matter what you are doing...

·
Registered
690 Posts
Very good idea. I have several Seiko B20 rubber straps - buckle side. Keep thinking one the orange monster straps will break on the hole side but no such luck. I have to replace the entire strap. 3 in the past 12 years.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Arnold layne had a strange hobby. (Floyd 1967)

And it wasnt collecting Seiko's :grin:
No it was some underwear fetish or collecting womens undies or that sort of thing. Sid was a bit strange! No wonder he went off his noodle.

I was after some Z022 ends for my little 7016-8000 for ages but gave up and ended up modifiying some other ends that Stefan had :) Actually they fit better than the proper Z022's. Not hard to spot though as they have a Z022 stamped on them as it happens....

See:

Now with Tony end links.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that looks great...love the innovation too

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
that looks great...love the innovation too
Thanks! For future reference if anyone else is looking for Z022 ends just find some Z077's that the use on the 6138-8020 Panda and attack with a dremel. After about 2 hours they will fit :)

Tone

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well that is exactly the info we need...thank you ..i will need to gather all this info and put another thread detailing this...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey great idea...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
love the name..easy to remember too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts