The Watch Site banner

Which clasp width would you prefer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decide I would like to get Super Oyster bracelet for my Tuna.
I am just not sure if I would prefer one tappered to 20mm or to 18mm.
Little help, please? :)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I'd go with the 20. Tuna Cans are so big that a narrow tapering bracelet can make them look visually unbalanced. Also a wider bracelet will distribute the watch's weight over a slightly larger area, making it fit a little more comfortably.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, you just confirmed what I thought myself. 20 it is.

BTW, Isthmus are you getting to wear the Tuna from WUS members? It would be nice to know.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
LBisevac said:
BTW, Isthmus are you getting to wear the Tuna from WUS members? It would be nice to know.
Cheers
Oh YES. I wear it all the time. Thanks so much. I wrote an article about it, that I think is saved in the reviews section. a spectacular gesture and one that I will be forever deeply touched by. Thanks man.

[hr]

-EDIT-

I just realized that the post never made it over from the old forum. Sorry about that. I saved a copy in th eSeiko reviews section here:

SBBN007 Tuna Can Review - A Gift From The WUS SCO Forumers...

:)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have a 22mm non-tapering mesh, although Vollmer's. However, I wanted another bracelet, because 22mm is not the most comfortable width at the clasp and mesh gets smelly quickly (sweat gets into the spaces between the links). Of course it is easy to wash with toothbrush, but it gets annoying after awhile.
For some reason I don't like the look of Watchadoo (or Anvil) ??? , but I like Super Oysters. I ordered one with 20mm clasp and will see how it goes.

Thanks for responses. ^-^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts