The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Poet Laureate
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been a strap buying binge. Here's what I came up with for my Poljot Okean Maktime Re-issue:

all.jpg

Blue REWA heavy duty single pass strap. I actually don't remember where I go this. The blue matches the blue on the watch, but I actually don't like that. I think it looks better to have contrasting shades of blue rather than an exact match.
blue-heavy-grid.jpg

Blue Benchmark Basics Silicone Single Pass - Amazon - $10.95
This is my favorite. The strap is so thin it feels like you could tear it with your hands, however it's actually quite strong. It's the most comfortable, and because it's a one piece strap, it's fills out the gap in the lugs.
blue-silicone-grid.jpg

Gray Sailcloth 2 piece
This came with the watch. It's an iridescent gray. It looks very nice and it comfortable. It's starting to fray after only a few wears though.
grey-grid.jpg

Steel Milanese Bracelet - Amazon - $13.99
This is good looking. It's my favorite bracelet combo, but it annoys me that there's gap in the lugs. I really wish someone sold end links to match this combo.
milanese-grid.jpg

Scuba Orange - Cheapest NATO Straps - $9.95
The most creative combo. This looks decent, though the red on the hands and the orange strap clash a bit. It's a fun combo.
orange-grid.jpg

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
This is a great post. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on this Poljot. It looks great and reminds me of a vintage Yema or Tudor. The mesh strap makes the watch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a great post. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on this Poljot. It looks great and reminds me of a vintage Yema or Tudor. The mesh strap makes the watch for me.

This is the seller I bought from, though I bought it through eBay: https://www.poljot24.de/en/poljot-okean.html

There are always rumors that this is the last batch, and it's your last chance to buy a new one and that prices will go up when they're gone, but I don't know if it has credence. It was listed at $600 on eBay and I made an offer for $550 and he accepted about a year ago. Now that they're not on eBay, that seems to not be an option anymore, so prices do seem to have risen.
This re-issue is from Maktime, which bought the tooling to produce the 3033. They're a bit squirrely about where it's manufactured and some enthusiasts suspect they moved production to China, but no one can confirm.
In retrospect, maybe I should have gone vintage? I do know there's one gentleman in Germany who services them, but I don't know much about how to get parts etc. It's probably a viable option if you understand the risk.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Very interesting. I had a Sturmenski (bad spelling) 3133 for a while but I could never get it right. It had a few issues although it looked great and was the real military one with the SS case. I ended up selling it and I haven’t returned to Russian other than my Vostok Amphibia. I’ll take a look at this. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts