The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Special Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all at SCWF..
This my first original post.
I had a question regarding polished crystals in the 7548 divers. I have a 7548-700C with orange dial and it has a crystal that has been polished. The original owner said he buffed the original crystal. The edges are polished as well so the entire face of the crystal looks like liquid glass.
I much prefer the edges to be flat in appearance and not shiny. All of my other 7548's {3 pepsi's, one black JDM and one black SQ}, all have crystals with unpolished edges. Only the orange dial has the shiny edges. My question is which is the correct crystal for the 700C?
The one with polished edges or the one with the unpolished edges?
Any assistance will be appreciated.
AQ

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hello all at SCWF..
My question is which is the correct crystal for the 700C?
The one with polished edges or the one with the unpolished edges?
Any assistance will be appreciated.
AQ
This is the crystal you want:

(ebay:kleinvintagewatchparts)

320W34GA00

·
Special Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. I was beginning to think the end had come and I was the only one left. Just me and a bunch of vintage 7548's. So, I could use this crystal on all the 7548's if they really need replacing? I'm really wanting to leave them as they are as none of them are in really bad condition. But that polished crystal takes so much away from how the watch should look. I just have to do something. I think that same crystal would fit all of the models I have including 6309 and 7C43. Correct?
Thanks again for taking the time.

·
Special Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't find the crystal you recommend anywhere. There's alot of sellers who are listing these and claiming the piece is original size and material, but I'm not finding this one from klein vintage watch parts. Is this crystal still available?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, Aquaman. The link above is the correct one for the said crystal. Good Luck, and please post the pictures of the watch once you are done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts