1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Historians of World War II who are trying to assess the impact of breaking the "Enigma" code on the fate of the war claim that the feat of three young deciphers shortened the war by about 3 years. One year of the war cost the world about 10 million lives, so deciphering "Enigma" saved about 30 million people

Here on the bench sits the second member of the band who broke the Enigma code, Jerzy Różycki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerzy_Różycki
, and next to ... me;)
[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Outstanding. A trip to Bletchley Park is worth it if you haven’t done so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Outstanding. A trip to Bletchley Park is worth it if you haven’t done so.

C Sir I totally agree even if it was all an “Imitation Game” Or Was it Just an “Enigma”😜

Attachments

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
C Sir I totally agree even if it was all an “Imitation Game” Or Was it Just an “Enigma”

Howdy Neilo, and I’m certain it was one or both or neither.

But that second movie I have not seen. I need to dig it up!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The novel by British writer Robert Harris from 1996 entitled Enigma talks about the backstage of work on deciphering Enigma in Bletchley Park. Based on the novel, a film was directed in 2001, directed by Michael Apted under the title Enigma, starring Kate Winslet and Dougray Scott. The film has been repeatedly criticized by the British Polish diaspora community (Polish Union) and the Polish-British historical committee, as well as by the head of the chair of Eastern Europe at the University of Oxford due to historical adulteration and lack of information about the fundamental participation of Poles in deciphering the Enigma

In the movie directed by Morten Tyldum from 2014 entitled" Game of Secrets" the story of Alan Turing was presented. The action focuses on the figure of the outstanding mathematician and his innovative steps to crack the Enigma code. The film also mentions the participation of Polish cryptologists in the work on the cipher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts