The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to get into modding, since I have enough basic experience, and I like something all my own in design.

I already had the workbench and most of the tools, but did have to buy some hands, dials, parts, etc to add to my collection of leftover ETA stuff.

I created this one as my first

Then we wanted to create something in the 36mm size for my son, so he picked the dial and hands, here is what he came up with:

Finally, I re-modified my SKX into a Silver Soxa style after a week or so.

I'm quite enjoying this, I can change whenever I feel like it. However I do have to say that sometimes things like hands do not fit the way I would have hoped. Some require more work to get them to function properly, than others.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Nice setup and cool looking mods too.

Is there anything better than being able to work on watches, surf the web and have a nice glass of wine without having to get up. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nice mods! Just my own taste but the checkered crown looked much better than the deeply grooved "V" (though this is a GREAT crown) along side the rally insert.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Fantastic work place! One of the things that holds me back about getting into moding is that I don't have a proper locale to set up a nice work space :(.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My eyes are getting old, never noticed the crown changes. Agree with Isthmus that the checkered one matches the watch better than the V. Nice work,,

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Technoman said:
My eyes are getting old, never noticed the crown changes. Agree with Isthmus that the checkered one matches the watch better than the V. Nice work,,
ISTHMUS????? :-[

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
swedefreak said:
ISTHMUS? ??? ? :-[
Don't worry you old pirate, that was a compliment. :D

What I wouldn't give to have a dedicated "Man Room" like that one (wine included). One of the detriments of living in NYC is the lack of such personal spaces. I would love to have a room where I could set up a watchmaking bench a computer and a personal library filled with the kind of books that seem out of place in a more serious home office or living room (you know, action adventure, Sci-fi, and other types of escapist reads).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isthmus said:
Don't worry you old pirate, that was a compliment. :D

What I wouldn't give to have a dedicated "Man Room" like that one (wine included). One of the detriments of living in NYC is the lack of such personal spaces. I would love to have a room where I could set up a watchmaking bench a computer and a personal library filled with the kind of books that seem out of place in a more serious home office or living room (you know, action adventure, Sci-fi, and other types of escapist reads).

Everything has to be mobile. Every time I want to work on watches, I have to take the workbench and the parts boxes out of the closet. Then when I am done I have to put them back all away. Otherwise the kids will get into the stuff, and the cat will play with everything. not to mention the cat hair and crumbs which may end up on things....

I do like our office though, while I can spend quiet time in there, the whole family enjoys the office for their own quiet time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts