The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I want it, but it's so expensive... I have 9 of my grails and have sold off all the stuff that I don't plan to keep in my permanent collection. I think it will compliment my 6309 and i'm almost certain it will get wrist time. Problem is i've never even held that model. I need photos gents!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Beautiful watch Shannon!! how cool does that triplock look..
The 6105 markey is a funny one, I see examples that are basically a case and hopefully a salvageable movement go for $300 - $400...then the nicer examples with a clean dial and maybe clean hands only go for a few hundred $$ more..But to be able to restore a poor example with original seiko parts is near impossible...not sure which end of the market has the issue but it's interesting the way they sell..
Here's a few pic's of my 'proof' 6105's on nos waffles...imo the best seiko ever made (I am a 6105 fan!!)
Clayton

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clayton those are superb as well! I have admired the model from, I know it sounds silly, Apocolypse now. I always admired Martin Sheens watch in that movie. As far as I remeber it was a 6105... Anyway, I love hearing that you like it the best of all the models. SWEET 62Mas there as well.My gosh that must be worth some coin nowadays.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Absolutely numbingly beautiful watches. Congrats..

So the hands on the 6105-811X below, I see a set of those on eBay now as a factory replacement set that were apparently issued by Seiko specifically for this watch (contained the traffic light seconds..). They appear to be identical to the 6139 hands? Is it accurate that Seiko released replacement sets that way? If so, did any of the watches come new installed with those hands?

150m said:
[img]
[img]
[/quote]

·
Registered
589 Posts
Inregards to the hands my 6105-8110, they are the seiko 'replacement' hands installed and supplied by a local seiko watchmaker (service outlet). Apparently the same part number for both shapes..12B64BKH hour hand, 12B64BKM minute hand..I have only lately heard that there is another part number that for the same hand style but I'd need to do more research before lisitng that info..I'm unsure if seiko actually released the 6105's from factory with the 2nd style, I'd have a guess that they were all the original more squarer shape seen on my 6105-8000..Even the relacement style as listed on ebay are getting hard to find and as for the nos seconds hands...very very hard. Clayton

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thank you Clayton ;) it's not easy to find vintage divers in these conditions.

Clayton what a beautiful vintage trifecta 8)

The triple sealed crown works perfect... Randell did a great job on it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not mint condition but I'm very happy with these two purchased recently.

The strapless one is due back from a service on Tuesday. I'm having the crystal replaced (keeping the old one in case I can get it polished later) and putting it on a Nato.
I'm really looking forward to wearing it.
I'm working on getting a Tropic for the one that's currently on the Waffle.

As mentionned above there are examples that vary hugely in quality but are mostly in a fairly narrow (albeit high) price range.
My only advice is to take your time hunting down the one that does it for you but be prepared to move very quickly when you do see it. Get that cash ready and available!

Ian

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Any idea why the caseback on this -8119 looks so roughed up? Thanks!

[quote=150m]
Beautiful watch Shannon!! how cool does that triplock look..
The 6105 markey is a funny one, I see examples that are basically a case and hopefully a salvageable movement go for $300 - $400...then the nicer examples with a clean dial and maybe clean hands only go for a few hundred $$ more..But to be able to restore a poor example with original seiko parts is near impossible...not sure which end of the market has the issue but it's interesting the way they sell..
Here's a few pic's of my 'proof' 6105's on nos waffles...imo the best seiko ever made (I am a 6105 fan!!)
Clayton.....
[/quote]

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
My guess would be years of uncleaned sweat.. I bet a few minutes in a ultrasonic cleaner would work wonders..

JohnN said:
Any idea why the caseback on this -8119 looks so roughed up? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Oh, no, I was almost afraid you would say that. He said he needs money and would take $100 for it and now I'm going to lie awake all night wondering if I should take a chance. :-[ At least my conscience would be clean, because I repeatedly told him it could be worth much more than that.

Technoman said:
My guess would be years of uncleaned sweat.. I bet a few minutes in a ultrasonic cleaner would work wonders..

·
Registered
994 Posts
I should never have sold this one. I will probably never spend the money to replace it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Mine! with old XGL731 strap ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Invest in one - you won't regret it. If I had to give up all my watches but one my head would explode deciding between my 6105 and my 6309....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts