The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just moved house and haven't had a chance to play with my watches for a while. The Girlfriends away so I thought I would make a start on a television cased Seiko that I've been meaning to fix.

thickman808 very kindly sent me a donor watch as i only really needed a chapter ring and stem.

I've changed the chapter ring no problem. I went to put the stem and crown in and it wouldn't fit. I assumed that it would just be a straight swap. obviously not. the donor is a 6309.

My dial and case back have different serial numbers and I cant see any markings on the movement apart from "seventeen jewels". is there such a thing as a 5309 movement? what have I got?

sorry about the photo quality. mine on the left

mine

donor

movement

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Your watch did NOT come from a Seiko factory. Fake knock off unfortunately. You can see the difference in quality of the printing in your nice macro shots of the dial. No idea what kind of (Chinese?) movement your watch got :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh well, only cost £6 delivered. seems like a strange one to fake.

I was hoping everything else was legit, and someone had just changed the movement.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Even the cheapest casios are faked unfortunately. Totally unrealistic to us relatively rich people, but if you sell some containers full of cheap fakes in a poor country you can make a nice profit I think...

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Hello...i have a original one like the one Tom sent you...great watch...original ones will have the black day and date wheels too...i would fix the one Tom sent you...if you need another one...pm me..John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for the late reply. thanks for all your help guys.

Seeing as I don't want a feiko, but the movement is in pretty good nick, I am thinking of putting the movement in another case with a sterile dial. I will just need to see if I can get a stem that will fit, and the right hand sizes.

If anyone wants any of the other parts they can have them! they might help someone else tidy up their watch. I need to see if i can confirm it is a FE4611.

Apologies to Tom, for sending me the donor watch and not being able to show him a restored watch.

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts