The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My 80 year old mother has a beautiful 14k seiko gold watch. Someone has offered her some money for it and i am trying to convince her not to sell.she believes it's not worth anything but I feel different.i have spent days trawling through threads and using calculators but it's driving me mad as I'd comes back blank. This is what it says on the back
seiko
4N00-5210
Japan H
can anyone shed any light on this for me?
many thanks
Sharon

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hi Sharon

Is it one like this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446752109.958648.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446752124.607800.jpg

From the caseback it appears to be gold
plated, rather than solid gold. Although I don't know this model I'd be surprised if it's worth a great deal. Ladies Seiko don't tend to be - especially if they're a little worn.
From the serial number it looks like it's probably a 1970 model. Would that be about right?
Perhaps you could tell her that you would like to keep it in the family. If she's determined to sell perhaps you could offer to meet the buyers offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Ah ha. Probably 1980(?)rather than 1970. I missed the fact that it's quartz.
The reason that I said gold plated is that it has 'base metal' printed on the back. This usually means that the case is brass or steel with a plating over the top. If it is solid gold then that's a lot of gold in the bracelet. Perhaps you/she should get it appraised by another jeweller just to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts