The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please enlighten me on the piezo buzzer on the case back of a Citizen 6850 it looks like a thick hard dried liquid not something that can be peeled off but rather chipped away at!
I think when I get the new battery soon I will find it non working as it is chipped and cracked. So how do you fix/replace these buzzers please?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
There is a Seiko part number for it. Seiko part number 4589901 I think it is made out of some conductive type of material and formed into a sticker to make it easier to install and keep it in place.

Michael

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to my surprise the chipped and cracked piezo buzzer still works. Amazing. I still want to know how and why it's stuck down so hard and does not peel off. Does it use the resonance of the case back?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Yes the buzzer leads need to be touching the case back for it to work. The piezo stuff is some type of conductive material to ensure a good electrical contact. That is why all of the repair manuals make a point of when you are working on the movements out of the case to install the hands to make sure the buzzer leads are hanging over a lip and not being crushed under the movement otherwise you will have no alarm.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts