The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My 6105-8000 arrived today from California. My 6105-8110 is stuck in customs (came from the UK).

Please feel free to criticize. It was purchased from a seller who claimed to not know much about the history
of the watch (always makes me go 'hmmm')

They are [size=1em]one of those Feebay sellers that supposedly goes around buying stuff from estate sales.
I have no idea if there are aftermarket parts on this puppy and I haven't cracked the caseback yet.

Only reason I'm suspicious is it looks way too clean for a 45 year old watch.

·
Registered
24,695 Posts
Crap, That is a Total JUNKER, Send it to me right away, I won't tell anyone :great:

:57: :57: :57: :57: :57: :57: :57: :57: :57: :57: Spot on :great:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
It looks genuine to me. If the hands and dial have been re-done with luminous paint, it was done really well.

Myles

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Selym said:
It looks genuine to me. If the hands and dial have been re-done with luminous paint, it was done really well.

Myles

Thanks for the feedback :)
I don't think it has a re-lume.... it doesn't glow at all

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheTigerUK said:
From what i can see it looks to be very nice David, the H/M had look a bit strange but i think it's just your photo's,VERY nice :clap: :clap:

Thanks John! ;)

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
There I was telling you to chill on the customs clearance issue . . . man, that is outstanding David, like completely wonderful :great: :great: . . . now, when in God's name is mine going to arrive !!!!I'm getting onto Customs right now !!!!! :41:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SeakoFreako said:
There I was telling you to chill on the customs clearance issue . . . man, that is outstanding David, like completely wonderful :great: :great: . . . now, when in God's name is mine going to arrive !!!!I'm getting onto Customs right now !!!!! :41:

Bro...the customs clearance is on my 6105-8110....that one is stuck...
This one came from California so no custom issues....

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
davidk said:
Bro...the customs clearance is on my 6105-8110....that one is stuck...
This one came from California so no custom issues....
Yeah, I realise that DaveDude . . . just makes me insanely impatient for mine to turn up !!!! >:D Man, yours is schweet as !! :great:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Great catch, Dave! Better give it some wrist time before the 8110 arrives and you got yourself a real cunundrum! You are so lucky that one hasn't arrived yet! :57:

:bravo_2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
There still seems to be some jems to be found on Ebay. Just before Christmas I managed to snag a 6105-8110 that was located in Melbourne. Scratched up crystal and bezel, but an absolutely pristine dial and hands set. When I opened it up the movement was un-touched :) . I serviced it myself and replaced the crystal and bezel insert. On a WJean strap it looks beautiful. Have to get around to putting up some images.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts