The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a whitewater rafting trip planned this morning. So of course I needed a new piece for the trek. I've pondered a G-Shock for a few months so I decided it was time. I received an advertisment from Kohl's stating all watches were 35% off, in the same paper I received a valued customer appreciation coupon for an additional 15% off everything in the store. So I decided to drive over and take a look. They had about 4 different G-Shocks & 3 different Pathfinders. After looking them all over for an hour and googling them all while standing at the jewelry counter I decided the GW6900 was the one for me. The sticker was $130, minus 35% sale and 15% coupon I walked out paying $65. I played with it last night and put it to the test today. Needless to say it held up flawlessly. It handled five hours of class III, IV & V rapids as well as many 30 foot jumps off a cliff into the Chattooga River like an old pro. This is my first G-Shock but certainly not the last.

Me and my daughter after the expedtion. After a quick shower and a change of clothes we were ready to grab a bite to eat. I love making these memories! Any time I can get her to spend the day with me is a great day.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Cool G. Casio did a good job modernizing that one.

I once went rafting on the Ocoee River in Tennessee and it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Excellent price on an excellent watch! You cannot go wrong with the deal you got. At the most you got a killer watch, and at the very least you now have an atomic sync'd timepiece to set your automatics! You have the whole enchilada.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice G for a great price. Wish I knew of the sale earlier. Just ordered a lowly GW5600J-1 for the purpose of using it as an occasional beater and setting my automatics. Since clearing out all my quartz during an earlier liquidation, I've been looking for another quartz with solar and r/c features. The G fits the bill just right.

Have fun on your trip.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
watcholic said:
Nice G for a great price. Wish I knew of the sale earlier. Just ordered a lowly GW5600J-1 for the purpose of using it as an occasional beater and setting my automatics. Since clearing out all my quartz during an earlier liquidation, I've been looking for another quartz with solar and r/c features. The G fits the bill just right.

Have fun on your trip.
Nothing low about the GW5600J other than the price. That's another great model with a great display. The digits are huge and the case is nice and chunky.

Bigger than the GWM models. I think it only syncs in Japan and the US, but if that's were you are, who needs more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, Kohl's has several Seiko & Casio models as well as a few other brands. They also give 15% discount on Wednesday's to 55 and older. So a good deal can be had if you catch them on sale and use coupon or senior discount. They also give a discount if you open a charge account. You can put it on the card and pay the card off on the same transaction at the register. Then they'll send you tons of coupons and sale papers once you're a card holder.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
GarageBoy said:
On the DW6900, what did the 3 "eyes" do
Just an animation for the passing seconds on home time.

For stopwstch they would flicker in one direction. Tiner would go in the other directiom

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A question for you G-Shock enthusiast. When in power saver mode will the alarm still sound? I've noticed the face has been blacked out every morning since I've acquired it. I'm wondering if the alarm will sound Monday morning or will I be late my first day back after a week off for Father's Day. Actually I'll be alright my iPhone will wake me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts