The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a huge fan of the 4R35 line up of New Samurais and so it has made me want to add one from the original series in titanium. So I couldn't resist picking up on a great deal this 7S25-00D0 SBDA005 orange dial Samurai from July 2005.

She clearly needed some TLC so she got the usual full takedown, ultrasonic cleaning and installing a new crystal. The dial and hand set are immaculate with perfect tangerine hue lume.

As you can see I will be on the hunt for a better bezel and/or insert but she came out nice enough to be a great new summertime beater.

Shown with stable mates SRPC07 'New Samurai' and the Dawn Grey SRPD03 too.

IMG_20200629_220708.jpg
IMG_20200629_221517.jpg

This 7S25 movement has tremendous performance for it's age. Minor tweaking got it to this state in just a matter of minutes on the TG:

IMG_20200629_215426.jpg
IMG_20200629_220021.jpg

·
Special Member
2,630 Posts
That's a Beauty! Congratulations. IIRC both the Black and Blue TI Samurais originally came with Titanium Bracelets. The Orange Sammy was sold without a Bracelet but came with a Rubber Straight Vent Diver strap but with a upgraded Titanium buckle (nicely matching the matte dull grey Titanium of the Watch). I like the Black/Grey/Orange Nato on your Orange Samurai as it really pulls all the colors together. Well Done Sir!

·
Registered
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kyle it came that way. You are correct the orange dial only came on rubber, I love the New Arnie rubber flat vent with ss keeper and I was considering and may well go that way some day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts