The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the re-issue isofrane strap is only available in 24mm, but there are plenty of similar straps out there. So, if possible, could someone please post a pic of a tuna can (sbbn007, 7549-7010 etc) on an isofrane-style retro rubber strap.... i have seen sbdx001 and sbdx011 on isofranes but no tuna can... thanks a lot!

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
I've no such pictures, but in addition to cutting the ends down on the 24mm strap (the thought scares me, too), one can just as easily fit the 24mm isofrane strap in the 22mm lug space as it comes. I am currently wearing an isofrane thusly with no problems- the material is forgiving enough to allow the squeeze.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks noah,

minutes ago i found a post on wus from early this year showing a vintage 7549 tuna can on the timefactors retro rubber strap, which looks very similar to the isofranes... shame on me, i found a post by me in this thread :-[

·
Registered
522 Posts
Can you share the post with the picture. I too, would like to see it.

I am also concerned about the Isoframe being too long and having to cut it down to proper size. Don't know how it would look and if I would want to spend the money for the band and then have to cut it down to fit.

Thanks for your help and any thoughts.
Daniel

·
Registered
522 Posts
mario_d said:
Oh sorry, here we go: http://forums2.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2650383

I think i will order one of those timefactors retro rubber straps. I really like the look a lot and never heared or read any bad about them. Hmm..i bet this strap will look great on a 6309 diver, too... ;D
Thanks.
Couple of questions if you please.

For a SBBN007, would you get the regular end at the lug end, or get the "flat" end version ?
Also, would you use the stainless steel tubes or take them out ?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Cheers,
Daniel

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i would prefer the "flat end" version, though the picture shows the regular one on the 7549 IIRC. Since the sbbn007 has drilled lugs, i would not worry to use the tubes but i doubt that they will take fat spring bars. If they do not take fat bars, i will not use them on my tuna...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts