The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a specific picture request...

i have an orange skx007 languishing in my drawer and i wonder if anyone has modified one to include:

original seiko (lumibright) black outlined hands (eg, hands from an orange sumo), and;

original seiko silver bezel insert (from a black skx007)

would sumo hands "over power" the hour markers on the dial? what other hands with black outline can/should i use?

where possible, i'd like to keep the parts used original to seiko...

most importantly... i'd like to know what would it look like! thanks in advance everybody!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Re: pic req: orange dialed SKX007 (specific mod)

taxico said:
here's a specific picture request...

i have an orange skx007 languishing in my drawer and i wonder if anyone has modified one to include:

original seiko (lumibright) black outlined hands (eg, hands from an orange sumo), and;

original seiko silver bezel insert (from a black skx007)

would sumo hands "over power" the hour markers on the dial? what other hands with black outline can/should i use?

where possible, i'd like to keep the parts used original to seiko...

most importantly... i'd like to know what would it look like! thanks in advance everybody!
I think you might have a few things incorrect in your watch. First there is no such thing as an Orange dialed SKX007. That watch only comes in black The orange dialed version of that watch family is the SKX011 (J or K). Does your watch look like this:

if so, and since you are asking for a silver insert, I assume that what you have is actually a 011. While not exactly the mod you asked about, here is a picture of mine showing some of the modifications you wanted to see:

[IMG]

The bezel insert id from an 007 and the hands are from an orange Samurai.

While not the mod you asked about, here is my Sand Hog mod which uses the hands you asked for and the same case as the 011. it should give you a rough idea on size:

[font=verdana][size=1em][img][/font]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

you're right! that's the exact watch i have! (made in japan, 21 jewels and all...)

and indeed i made a mistake with the model number... and that's the exact mod i want! (samurai hands + 007 insert)

now, i will have to track them down...! thanks for your input and pics! (feel free to amend the title if necessary)

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

taxico said:
...and that's the exact mod i want! (samurai hands + 007 insert)
Contact Yobokies. I'm pretty sure he has both.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts