The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Seiko "electronic", case code 3702-0010. It exists in two variants, a "white dial" & a "black dial", & I have no way of knowing which is more common. When I first saw photos, I was a little disappointed : the case is the same used on some '70s Skyliners, but on those the numerals are applied, while these are painted. Now I have it in my hand, however, I can see details that not even extreme close-up photos seem to convey properly.

Firstly, those painted numerals? They're not white. In fact they're metallic silver! They "pop" quite vividly, standing out with a boldness approaching that of applied numerals. And the dial itself isn't flat black either. Indeed I'm not entirely certain it's black at all, rather than a deep midnight blue. Either way, it's metallic, & has a radial brushed texture.

How often does it happen to you, that a watch looks spectacularly better in real life than in any photo? What do you do about it, other than just try to describe the ways in which the photo falls short?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Very Nice I love the Black Dial and I'm a Fan of EL-370s Im missing the Chain Holder around the Crown. hard part to Source, all good things oil Time.......

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im missing the Chain Holder around the Crown. hard part to Source
The case seems to be identical to the 6102-0010 Skyliner, so if you're looking for a bale, you might start there. They seem to come up for sale far more often than the 3702-0010. At worst you could have someone duplicate the bale by cutting it out of stainless steel, although it might well cost you a hundred bucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts