The Watch Site banner

Phone call I'm glad I didn't miss!

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jringo8769 
#1 ·
I recently sourced a watch for a swap of someone's top draw relics.
A vintage seiko diver for some Raymond weils, and a few other Swiss and seiko dress watches.
I sourced him a nice 6309-7290. Put a jubilee band on it and made sure it was running well.
I sent it to the other side of the vast land of Australia and tracked it.
I saw it was delivered and immediately wanted to know if he liked it but I refrained for 2 days!
I got a call from a guy yesterday asking me if I fixed watches... Why????
He told me he had found this watch with its packaging opened arrive on his doorstep. It had my contact details on the packaging so he gave me a buzz.
The post service had delivered to the right street but wrong address.
The guy who had it dropped on his doorstep believed it to be dropped at 18 (across The street) and not 78 as marked. I quickly called my buyer and told him what had happened and my knight in shining armor dropped it to him that evening.

I've read a few threads on not receiving items and am currently down a few watches for some shady sellers who have 'posted' them.
Things can go wrong in the post despite our best efforts.

I am glad to say that because of a random guys honesty my name is not mud and I'm not down a few $100 for some mail mishap.

See less See more
#2 ·
honesty is always best...so glad your buyer got his watch....hope you did something nice for the kind stranger

#5 ·
well that was a great story...that is the reason why i always ask for tracking ...

#7 ·
Kudos to the guy who received the watch by mistake and went to the trouble to contact you about it.

Things do go wrong despite our best efforts when it comes to watches and Mud gets slung way too easily.

#8 ·
Good to here the situation worked out and that there are still a few honest people left in the world.

#9 ·
very smart idea to add mobile number and email..i am so glad it worked out the right way...and hope buyer loves your work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.