The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Special Member
I see you manufacture watches, Excellent...Please show us a sample of your work Please. TIA :)

Registered
I see you manufacture watches, Excellent...Please show us a sample of your work Please. TIA :)
But why? After what you write you can see that you know the watches so much that you know that ..... you can buy them.
And keep the irony for your loved ones as you have them.

(and remember - mechanisms are washed and oiled, I do not buy new ones, yes you can do it with panties - if you wear out, buy new ones馃槅)

Have a nice day.

Special Member
Thank You, You should display your work...After all this is a Watch Forum. Have a Great Day !!!

Registered
Thank You, You should display your work...After all this is a Watch Forum. Have a Great Day !!!
This thread is about something else and is not about my business.

Seiko has multiple factories, and apparently some in China are now selling autonomously outside ...
Even before that Seiko uses largely automated assembly of entry level movements, and you can see reports of some that come with too much oil, and some with too little. I have found for example that the teeth on the auto winding wheel are always dry, while the technical guide says they have to be greased.

Registered
I don't buy many new movements (some Swiss, some Seiko, some Citizen....) but the ones I do buy perform faultlessly ;-)

Registered
The thread deviated from the main topic ..
I was surprised by the advice to buy a new mechanism instead of performing a service, how much does it cost to service such a simple mechanism in the USA that it is better to buy a new one?

I don't buy many new movements (some Swiss, some Seiko, some Citizen....) but the ones I do buy perform faultlessly ;-)
Only you are a watchmaker, if I am not mistaken and you can easily replace the old watch mechanism with a new one, and here the layman is offered such an action without asking about tools and skills ...
P.S. My watch was replaced with an inch. 8l35 because it was 2 minutes late, and although it is a high-class mechanism, I found out that "the machine adjusted it badly", what to say about the simplest Seiko mechanisms we are talking about .....

Special Member
The thread deviated from the main topic ..
I was surprised by the advice to buy a new mechanism instead of performing a service, how much does it cost to service such a simple mechanism in the USA that it is better to buy a new one?

Only you are a watchmaker, if I am not mistaken and you can easily replace the old watch mechanism with a new one, and here the layman is offered such an action without asking about tools and skills ...
P.S. My watch was replaced with an inch. 8l35 because it was 2 minutes late, and although it is a high-class mechanism, I found out that "the machine adjusted it badly", what to say about the simplest Seiko mechanisms we are talking about .....
Ok. Short and sweet. Costs about $150 to service a 7s26, to buy a movement if you can swap dial and hands yourself is about $50.
Simple math. Store the others till you can learn to service them yourself or as donors.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Special Member
I would also like to see the watches that you manufacture. We like microbrands as well. If you do them in the thousands you must be on par with Helson or Obris Morgan, maybe even G. Gerlach.
As a Seiko Enthusiast your wares must be influenced in some way. Do share.

Rob

Registered
Ok. Short and sweet. Costs about $150 to service a 7s26, to buy a movement if you can swap dial and hands yourself is about $50.
Simple math. Store the others till you can learn to service them yourself or as donors.

Rob
Thank you.
It is the sellers who should raise the prices for movements and watches, otherwise the Americans will litter the planet with old mechanisms (y)

I would also like to see the watches that you manufacture. We like microbrands as well. If you do them in the thousands you must be on par with Helson or Obris Morgan, maybe even G. Gerlach.
As a Seiko Enthusiast your wares must be influenced in some way. Do share.

Rob
Nowhere have I written that I make thousands, only that I have purchased several thousand mechanisms over the course of several years, about 40% of which required adjustment....and,
Am I asking you where and how do you earn?
How many times can you say it's not your business !!!
If I had wanted to share it, I would have done it without prompting, logical right?

P.S. Several years ago I showed one project here on the SCWF forum, somehow it did not arouse interest ...

Special Member
Some strong statements there. Ok. None of my business... you rolled out the big cannons without being able to back it up with anything. Good luck to you. You should read some of your own posts, you think you are above everyone else. I gave you the benefit of the doubt, thought it was a language thing, as sometimes things get lost in translation. As polish is my language as well, I can tell how you translate. Nothing is lost. You are what you come across to be.
Have a nice day.

Rob

Registered
[QUOTE = "scubarob99, post: 2974112, cz艂onek: 7465"]
Kilka mocnych stwierdze艅. Dobrze. To nie moja sprawa ... wypu艣ci艂e艣 wielkie armaty, nie b臋d膮c w stanie niczego poprze膰. Powodzenia. Powiniene艣 przeczyta膰 kilka w艂asnych post贸w, my艣lisz, 偶e jeste艣 ponad wszystkimi innymi. Da艂em ci korzy艣膰 z w膮tpliwo艣ci, my艣la艂em, 偶e to kwestia j臋zyka, poniewa偶 czasami co艣 gubi si臋 w t艂umaczeniu. Poniewa偶 polski jest r贸wnie偶 moim j臋zykiem, mog臋 powiedzie膰, jak t艂umaczysz. Nic nie jest stracone. Jeste艣 tym, za kogo si臋 znalaz艂e艣.
Mi艂ego dnia.

Obrabowa膰

Wys艂ane z mojego SM-G996U przy u偶yciu Tapatalka
[/ZACYTOWA膯]
Jeste艣 Polakiem to zrozumiesz.
Go艣膰 pyta czemu mu zegarki si臋 zatrzyma艂y, dosta艂 odpowied藕 偶e trzeba odda膰 do serwisu .. A tu si臋 pojawi艂y porady przez wymieni艂 sam mechanizm jak on mo偶e dekla nie umie odkr臋ci膰 ... Totalny bezsens. mo偶e w Ameryce macie wszystko ale w reszcie 艣wiata trafiaj膮 si臋 suche mechanizmy tym bardziej 偶e to najta艅sze produkty robione w milionach w chi艅skich fabrykach.
Dalej si臋 klepcie po plecach, powodzenia.

Registered
Jeste艣 Polakiem to zrozumiesz.
Go艣膰 pyta czemu mu zegarki si臋 zatrzyma艂y, dosta艂 odpowied藕 偶e trzeba odda膰 do serwisu .. A tu si臋 pojawi艂y porady przez wymieni艂 sam mechanizm jak on mo偶e dekla nie umie odkr臋ci膰 ... Totalny bezsens. mo偶e w Ameryce macie wszystko najlepsze ale w reszcie 艣wiata trafiaj膮 si臋 suche tym bardziej 偶e to najta艅sze produkty robione w milionach w chi艅skich fabrykach.
Dalej si臋 kleocie po plecach, powodzenia.
Da

Registered
Are you Russian that you write in Russian? If not, read a book Poland is not Russia.
(y) :p
Wow. Amazing how a thread can change gears in hurry. No matter what language
You got the answer to your question in the first three posts, and that should be the end, but a few guys feel that instead of taking the watch to a watchmaker you should do it yourself.
Can you open the watch, take out the shaft with the crown, remove the hands and dials, install a new mechanism, and do a water resistance test up to 200 m?

Apart from a few hobbyists who have the equipment and skills, persuading them to do such activities is extremely stupid.
At home repaired dive watches are suitable for diving ... in the bath or shower.

Special Member
donoman, Please excuse the thread bending of the above ^^^ Back to the service/movement replacements. To service the movements will cost more $ than it costs to simply replace the movements. I have messaged you about this during our discussions about the pair of 7548's you sent me to repair. I have no issue switching the movements over for you. Gratis of course :) Please ignore the yoda as he just stirs the pot with no resolution.

Registered
Yes, ignore Yoda because ... she's right :p
Now at least @DAHASCO will replace the mechanism for you for free because ... nothing else can tell ...
And that's a plus from all the discussion(y)

Registered
I would like to add that a brand new NH-36 movement I ordered as a single movement purchase (not bulk or professional) cost $36 delivered to my door. Swapping a movement is well within my skill level, actually disassembling and servicing a movement is definitely not. For many years I had a close relationship with my watchmaker and I admired his skills and coveted many of his tools. He is now working for a Defense contractor making triple the pay and he gets to call his own hours and no one has access to his clean room, I miss having his skills available and his friendship and wish him well. My hope is that my WIS son will be the one to do the movement swap in the SKX025 I gifted to his gf, time will tell.
mid pepsi.jpg

Registered
Discussion Starter #38
donoman, Please excuse the thread bending of the above ^^^ Back to the service/movement replacements. To service the movements will cost more $ than it costs to simply replace the movements. I have messaged you about this during our discussions about the pair of 7548's you sent me to repair. I have no issue switching the movements over for you. Gratis of course :) Please ignore the yoda as he just stirs the pot with no resolution.
I thought of our conversation when someone first recommended changing the movement. I am going to try myself. I鈥檝e removed and replaced hands on pocket watches before so I鈥檒l give this a try.
Someone suggested using the NH36 movement instead. Doesn鈥檛 that hurt the value of the SKX if I sell it down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special Member
If you want you can use the auto winding bridge from the watches and use them on the NH movements so they have Seiko etc... to show....Basically the same as a factory work.

Registered
I thought of our conversation when someone first recommended changing the movement. I am going to try myself. I鈥檝e removed and replaced hands on pocket watches before so I鈥檒l give this a try.
Someone suggested using the NH36 movement instead. Doesn鈥檛 that hurt the value of the SKX if I sell it down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep the original movement and when you arrive at "down the road" you can asses the value difference and make that call then. For now you get to enjoy the watch and hack and handwind it :)

21 - 40 of 46 Posts