The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the play park with my 6yr. old daughter yesterday. She asked me to make sand castles with her. I was wearing my new Tuna (hoping to show off for some of the other dads)and i didn't want to get a grain of sand within 10 feet of it so I politely declined (no pockets and I didn't want to leave it on a bench). Then I gave my head a shake and asked myself "self, how much longer is your little girl going to want to make sand castles with her daddy?". I dove in with both hands and we had a fantastic afternoon. The watch survived.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm pretty sure the watch would have been better with sand then your daughter without sand ;).
These things were made to be worn, not idolized.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Funny, my 4 year old daughter loves sand too. Yes, I dig in the sand with my vintage watches. Now, when she wants to play in the water and I am wearing a vintage watch.......Well, they come off pretty quick. I try hard not to let any of my hobbies get in the way of spending quality time with my daughter. I just got to be careful and if one my watches gets wrecked, it can be replaced. Lost time with her can't.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Enjoy your kids. They grow might fast and time/life also passes by equally fast. Now I have a 3 year and a half boy and a 3 and a half week old baby boy :-* Next thing I'll know, they'll be both grown teenagers :))

Enjoy every minute with them. Our watches allows us to keep track of life's most precious moments. O:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is a great reminder to put things in perspective for all of us!

I've got three kids under the age of 5, so many years of building sandcastles are still ahead of me. I'm sure that the time will go by too fast, however! :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
gotta love the little ones. My two year old has not yet discovered sandboxes, but she does find great joy in chasing the balls at the local bocci court.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts