The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
wow...i would love to find one like that...great find...God Bless John
hey what did you do with the old dial and hands?....

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well that is very smart...i really need a proof one to finish my 6105...if you ever run across one Louis...please let me know...great work you do...God Bless John

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Rough but considering what they go for in good condition I would say a great buy. I would have grabbed it in a second even though I already have two!!!

Michael

·
Special Member
3,396 Posts
Aloha. Great pickup. Perhaps it is the Hawaiian Legendary Surfer Eddie Aikau's "Eddie Would Go" long lost 6105-8119 and the watch was dredged from the bottom of the ocean and ended up at the pawn shop. Legend has it that the waffle strap broke and his Seiko 6105-8119 was forever lost when he was saving a swimmer as a lifeguard on the North Shore.

·
Administrator
33,226 Posts
Nice find !!!

But that replacement dial and hands ? :( I'm not a fan of "wabbie" but I think better than after market ?

Imo the 811X takes some beating :)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aloha. Great pickup. Perhaps it is the Hawaiian Legendary Surfer Eddie Aikau's "Eddie Would Go" long lost 6105-8119 and the watch was dredged from the bottom of the ocean and ended up at the pawn shop. Legend has it that the waffle strap broke and the his Seiko 6105-8119 was forever lost when he was saving a swimmer as a lifeguard on the North Shore.

I heard of that legend....WOW...I think Your right...COWABUNGA......I'll have to go to Waimea Bay and catch a HUMUHUMUNUKUNUKUAPUWA'A in his Honor. And all this time I thought he was wearing a 6105-8110

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice find !!!

But that replacement dial and hands ? :( I'm not a fan of "wabbie" but I think better than after market ?

I'll be honest...When I opened the case back I was afraid of what I would find... like maybe an octopus was going to grab me ..... BUT , surprise , surprise , surprise ,...it was very clean..no rust , salt , or sharks . The gasket was even supple and doing its job .

·
Ultimate Collector
3,295 Posts
Nice find !!!

A very nice find. But I agree with John... there is no way I would ever fit aftermarket dial and hands to it.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
great info Twall3

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nice find

There are a few people around who can partially restore that dial. The 6105 in the foreground was in similar shape and cleaned up well (that's the original dial):

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
wow...can i ask who did that?...it looks great....wish i could find a 6105 8000 proof dial...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts