The Watch Site banner

Parts watches from Yahoo Japan

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  3Pedals_6Speeds 
#1 ·
Like many of you, I scan Yahoo Japan through buyee.jp. I've used their service for a number of years, and always been very happy. Recently, I've had a number of snipe bids cancelled before the auction closed, and when I inquired I got a very vague "we can't handle this item" reply. I pushed back and explained that I wanted the items, and why couldn't they handle them? their reply was, "Oh, it's a junk item, so we cancelled the bid". Thinking they were doing this to "protect me" I continued in the dialog, and eventually got this reply "Please be advised that we are unable to handle items that is considered junk, as the Japan post becomes stricter there is a possibility that we are unable to ship the item." Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, are there other buying services willing to still trade in non-working items?

Frustrated because I find Yahoo Japan a great place to pick up cases, parts watches and the like.

#2 ·
Firstly yes Iove getting parts watches off YJ. Sometimes they are totally working the seller just wants to avoid discussions over performance. It seems to be a cultural thing.

I have had 2 wins never make it to the Buyee warehouse. I got fully refunded but I didn't want that I wanted the watch parts !

I also have a "shipped" Buyee package stuck, off the tracking system, in Japan. Buyee says no recourse just wait it out. I will.

#3 ·
I use the company JAUCE I have done for about 3 years and i have had no issues in buying junk ( unfortunately :ROFLMAO: ). Very occasionally I have missed winning an item even-though I have bid higher than the shown winner, and when I have complained they dismiss me with a curt "their was a glitch" etc,. I always try to remember they are a service ( an expensive one) that acts as a intermediary between me, yahoo and the seller & I have 98 % more success than fails. and at the start I understood in Japan foreigners have very very limited rights. This however doesn't stop me from complaining.

#4 ·
I have bought several "junk" watches from Japan the past few months without any issues, most of what i buy is listed as junk. What they say doesnt make any sense to me. Does the japanese post know what is inside the packages? When i ship something it doesnt say whats inside on the box so they wont know whats inside. And secondly, why wouldnt you be allowed to ship junk watches with the post, makes no sense.

#5 ·
Yeah, I had those same two questions. With Buyee they allow you to select what is on the customs declaration form (men's watch, watch, luxury watch, etc...) so it seems they can easily keep the Japan Post from know. However, to your second point, why does Japan Post care what's being shipped, as long as it is paid in full, and not dangerous?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.