The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am needing to find the parts number listings for a Citizen 62-5370 ....i think the stem is a 065-70 from my research..but i can not find parts numbers for the hands or the crown...any help will so be appreciated..God Bless John

·
Registered
198 Posts
Any luck with this quest yet, John? I have one myself in need of some TLC ...

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was able to find some parts numbers...well the stem is a 065-70 and the crown is a 506-502...Sweephand provided the crown number....he is the best...what do you need for yours?...i might be able to help...still looking for hands numbers...

·
Registered
198 Posts
You are a great help already! :) The crown is one of the things that needs replaceing, I guess it extends to stem as well. I'm posting on cell phone right now, I'll post again when I have my computer & pics!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey sounds great...i am told the crown only fits this model too...it is a screw into the case type..here is a pic...mine is missing

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry for a late reply & possibly hi-jacking the thread! My only excuse is that the four-year old kid is a master when it comes to negotiating how to spend the evening ... and I'm ... not.

OK. Two recent purchases, and two challenges. Vintage Citizen's not my home turf, so please advice if I bought crap. Liked them though, and I knew they were interesting!

... a 62-6198 and a 62-5370 ... I've managed to get hold of aftermarket/OEM inserts and a crystal for the 6198.

However, the 5370 has got the crown from hell, I will not dig deeper into it at the moment, but the inside does look pretty OK:

The crown in question -

... not original I'd say, :undecided: and it does not grip the threads on the case but stays "open". So the worst case (no pun intended) scenario is to take away the crown tube (if ruined) and fit a generic crown (nightmare) ... :( hence my interest in sourcing parts and any kind of advice!

Any thoughts?

... and thank you in advance,

//Petter

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well i would not start modifying the crown and case on the 62-5370...both watches look very nice...and well worth taking the time to make them right....i will keep a eye out for a crown...just do not try and screw that crown down...it looks like the threads are the wrong pitch and could damage the case if you do......would be a shame to damage the case...you have great taste in watches and our Kids have to come first....thank you for the great pics....i think i have a solid lead on the stems too...God Bless John
hey i would suggest making sure the bezel springs are good...they are just made from 18 gauge guitar strings...and very easy to make them right too..always use stainless steel ones too...

·
Registered
18 Posts
second hand for 62-5370

help needed. anyone ,could you please help me with the following,which second hand is the official second hand to the 62-5370 model.is it the sweeping hand w/ meatball at the end or is it the sweeping hand w/ nothing at the end.which ever one is the official sweeping hand, can you give me the official length of the official sweeping/ second hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts