The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I just acquired a Seiko 7005-8032 automatic with date, serial number 270231. It is in very rough condition, having no crystal or second hand. But it goes, and keeps reasonable time.

I'd like to at least make it presentable, so would appreciate advice on where to acquire a crystal, sweep second hand and case gasket.

I've had good service from Esslinger; they stock parts off this type but I don't know what exactly I need - e.g. crystal diameter (looks like 31mm, but they come in 0.1mm increments), gasket serial number, and what the original second hand looked like.

Can anyone advise on those things &/or suggest other suppliers?

Further down the track, when I've got more skills & proper tools, I'd love to dismantle, clean & lubricate it.

Thanks for any help!

Martin H

·
Special Member
4,964 Posts
Can't really help you out on the .1, but here are the parts that julesborel knows for the watch:

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=SEK_CS^7005-8032

It says the crystal is 310T11ANS0, which would mean 31.0, but seiko has slight variations in this that are not in the number (so it might not be exactly 31 mm).

Julesborel lists a Sternkreuz XAC 311.624 as replacement - this might be the one you want.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hi - I just acquired a Seiko 7005-8032 automatic with date, serial number 270231. It is in very rough condition, having no crystal or second hand. But it goes, and keeps reasonable time.

I'd like to at least make it presentable, so would appreciate advice on where to acquire a crystal, sweep second hand and case gasket.

I've had good service from Esslinger; they stock parts off this type but I don't know what exactly I need - e.g. crystal diameter (looks like 31mm, but they come in 0.1mm increments), gasket serial number, and what the original second hand looked like.

Can anyone advise on those things &/or suggest other suppliers?

Further down the track, when I've got more skills & proper tools, I'd love to dismantle, clean & lubricate it.

Thanks for any help!

Martin H
I have a couple NOS Seiko 310T11ANSO crystals if you are interested in keeping it all original. The gaskets should not be much of a problem but getting the exact sweep hand might be tough. If you are not fussy I have spare used sweep hands also. If you posted a picture of what the hands that are on the watch look like i could probably find something that would look appropriate for the watch. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

Michael

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Michael - I tried to send you a private message, but as I only have one post to my name I don't qualify yet. That also prevented me including the pictures. I'll insert just the email text here, for a start:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your helpful reply. Sorry about my delay in replying - I had been checking the home page but realise I was misinterpreting "0 unread messages".
You'll see from the attached pix that the watch is probably past returning to original - but as you have proper Seiko crystals I would be interested (if you think it is practical on such a specimen).
I would also be interested in a "near enough" sweep hand. The photos show the hands; I've included a blurry one of just the hands as it shows their colour a bit better.
(photos were here)
What would you suggest for the gasket?
Thanks again,
Martin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello again Michael,

After my last reply I put the Seiko to one side for a while and have been picking up some basic watch repair skills. I feel more confident to tackle the Seiko now and am interested to know if you still have the Seiko 310T11ANSO crystals & generic sweep second hand available.

I'm still not able to send a PM via this forum, so my apologies if this public message somehow bypasses the rules of the forum. Please say if there's a better way of communicating with you.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Hello again Michael,

After my last reply I put the Seiko to one side for a while and have been picking up some basic watch repair skills. I feel more confident to tackle the Seiko now and am interested to know if you still have the Seiko 310T11ANSO crystals & generic sweep second hand available.

I'm still not able to send a PM via this forum, so my apologies if this public message somehow bypasses the rules of the forum. Please say if there's a better way of communicating with you.

Thank you!!
Email me directly at [email protected] since you do not have enough posts for PM's yet.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts