The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for a crown and strap for a casio MQD-3000W.
I've seen a user, Cris Galbraith, that had parts but the post is from some time ago, and I can't contact him. Need some help from anybody.
Thanks.

CIMG5385b.jpg

CIMG5386b.JPG

·
Researcher
5,277 Posts
You could try a "want to buy" on the trade forum.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Hi there!

I collected 03 exemplars of this baby. To me it is the single best diver's watch Casio has ever made.

I had the luck to find the OEM parts that I bought for back up to my own ones at - believe me or not - my local Casio authorized service center. Amongst them were 02 NOS complete cases, 05 complete crowns, gaskets, etc. Best part: I paid peanuts for them, and it was a matter of luck struck, since I went there to change the batteries in two AMW-320 I had. While waiting, I asked the clerk if they just so happen to carry in stock OEM parts for "that old silly thing called a MQD-3000W", and I almost fainted when the clerk checked in his PC that yes, they had stock for a few parts for such model.

That was around 03 years ago, if I'm not mistaken. Fast forward today, all my MQDs are sold and the spare parts, as well.

My local Casio authorized center changed ownership hands and they departed from the same location they were (3 blocks away from my home).

You will probably have better chance to find them patrolling ebay daily to find such parts. They are rare but they do appear from time to time.

The Casio MD-510 (module 394) has many, many parts interchangeable with the MQD-3000W, which was one of the rare examples of contract case that I know of speaking of Casio watches (other makers such as Bulova had a diver's watch in the market that shared a similar watch case).

And any member/friend wanting to contact me can do so by using the PM system inbuilt here in the forum. I like to help everyone, if it is within my reach to do so. :cool::)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Chris, thanks for the answer. I tried the private message, but for a junior member like me that was no possible, so I tried mentioning you (sorry) and the model.
It's a pitty for me that you don't have any more parts, but thank you anyway for the help.
By the way, my MQD has an Eta quartz caliber 555.425, wich was a bit surprising for me to find it inside. Maybe it was changed in some point of time, but it really fits perfect inside, and the plastic part has de screw and stem holes just in perfect place.

CIMG5387b.jpg

CIMG5388b.jpg

CIMG5389b.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts