The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, a few months ago I managed to acquire a Citizen 68-0516 World Timer. I love her dearly, and the watch has gotten a ton of wrist time. One thing that I knew going in was that the was a decent ding in the crystal around 8 o'clock, enough that it actually casts a shadow on the dial.

Before I go ahead and try to polish it out of the crystal, I'd love to secure a replacement as a backup. Problem is, this model is relatively rare and no amount of googling or digging through the SCWF archives has allowed me to find a technical manual or parts list for this watch. Would one of you gurus be able to help me out? What I know from appearance is that the crystal is acrylic, secured via crystal cement, and has a roughly 60 degree slope at the edge and a very slight dome. I can provide pictures if that helps.

·
Special Member & Premium Member
1,313 Posts
With a watch like that would it not be better to use a watchmaker
its a relatively small cost for a replacement crystal, compared to a replacement world timer

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am also looking for vintage Citizen parts lists. Different model, no competition from me on this one :).

I can't find much of anything. I'm getting the impression that Citizen tightly controlled parts and kept the tech documents locked in a vault.

·
Special Member
1,390 Posts
Made me work finding this crystal without the case #.

I have it, pm me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member & Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I am also looking for vintage Citizen parts lists. Different model, no competition from me on this one :).

I can't find much of anything. I'm getting the impression that Citizen tightly controlled parts and kept the tech documents locked in a vault.
whats the model that you are looking for

·
Registered
313 Posts
whats the model that you are looking for

4-720393.

Found some parts listed on Boley and JB. Only a gasket and crystal number. I did search ebay and YJ for Citizen crystals. Some of the crystals come with bezel ring. There is a chance the crystal comes mounted to a bezel. No exact part number shows up yet.

·
Special Member
1,390 Posts
Crystal is 54-50130 as indicated in boley, borel and casker.

It’s a thick domed glass with a bevel. Almost similar to the 52-0110 (though not as high) or the 6105-8110 domed crystal.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi @Acidstain, hopefully you can help me, I’m looking for a crystal for an old ana-Digi Citizen, it’s an odd shape one, the numbers on the back are 4-082630 Y, 10700769 and I believe it’s mineral glass. Tia.

·
Special Member
1,390 Posts
Hi @Acidstain, hopefully you can help me, I’m looking for a crystal for an old ana-Digi Citizen, it’s an odd shape one, the numbers on the back are 4-082630 Y, 10700769 and I believe it’s mineral glass. Tia.

Its this one

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks Acidstain. The crystal isn't that bad but the bezel ring is cracked and not sealing. The bezel ring is what I need and can't find a number for.

If I can find a bezel ring, I may as well get a crystal. Do you have one in your stash?

·
Special Member
1,390 Posts
Thanks Acidstain. The crystal isn't that bad but the bezel ring is cracked and not sealing. The bezel ring is what I need and can't find a number for.

If I can find a bezel ring, I may as well get a crystal. Do you have one in your stash?

The crystal i have. The bezel i doubt, unless theres a part #.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hey all, a few months ago I managed to acquire a Citizen 68-0516 World Timer. I love her dearly, and the watch has gotten a ton of wrist time. One thing that I knew going in was that the was a decent ding in the crystal around 8 o'clock, enough that it actually casts a shadow on the dial.

Before I go ahead and try to polish it out of the crystal, I'd love to secure a replacement as a backup. Problem is, this model is relatively rare and no amount of googling or digging through the SCWF archives has allowed me to find a technical manual or parts list for this watch. Would one of you gurus be able to help me out? What I know from appearance is that the crystal is acrylic, secured via crystal cement, and has a roughly 60 degree slope at the edge and a very slight dome. I can provide pictures if that helps.
Did that crystal part number turn out to be correct?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts