The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been off air for a few weeks and came back to find the new forum up and running. Looking good so far. There were some suggestions before that a part number database should be started to help prevent frequently asked questions such as 'what is the crystal part number for a H558 Arnie?' There was a crystal part number guide on the other side. Maybe I'm wrong and its already here and someone could point me in the right direction?

Did this idea make it to reality? If not could we have a sticky what could be updated by members as a continous project? I'd be happy to start something off but I only have limited knowledge.

Anyway in the meantime while I'm here does anyone know where I can find the part number for a 6309 crystal gasket?

Thanks

OtherJohnUK

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
OtherJohnUK said:
Been off air for a few weeks and came back to find the new forum up and running. Looking good so far. There were some suggestions before that a part number database should be started to help prevent frequently asked questions such as 'what is the crystal part number for a H558 Arnie?' There was a crystal part number guide on the other side. Maybe I'm wrong and its already here and someone could point me in the right direction?
I agree. And also a list of part number suppliers. :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Based on the fact that, to date, Seiko has made several hundred thousand parts with distinct numbers this would be a Herculean task at best. Even though our interests revolve around a relatively small number of Seiko's models, the number of individual parts is staggering.

Having been involved with Seiko watches and parts since the mid '70s, I have a very complete library of factory published references from 1969 through the mid '90s.

I don't mind helping folks find parts and can even reverse-reference many parts to their application for those who might have a part and not know where it goes. I am only an e-mail away.

But and this is a big but---I can not and will not waste time guessing the correct model number of any given watch.

I have posted about this several times on the old SCWF to no avail:

The retail sales number, ie: SKX007 is meaningless for finding parts. Telling me you have a 6105, 6139 or 6309 that needs such and so tells me only half of the information I need. Also "Arnie", "Tuna", "Sumo" and the like are just as useless.

The ONLY way to find part numbers is via the FULL eight digit movement-casing numnber found on the back of virtually every Seiko or Seiko-made (Orient, Alba, Pulsar, etc.) in the past forty-odd years.

Again, I am more than happy to help but PLEASE help me help you by giving me the correct information the first time around. This ensures that I look for the correct part(s) and saves my precious time by not having to go back and forth with several e-mails.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

And thanks for the replies, and I agree with swedefreek.

Given the number of posts on this forum about 6105/6309/7002 and SKX divers I thought it would be relativley simple to list the generic part numbers without going into great detail.

There is a post on the old forum where someone lists crystal numbers for the most of the divers, maybe this could be in the FAQ and added to with the most sought after parts which people on here are after. ie

Caseback gasket number
Crystal gasket number
Crown gasket number
Bezel gasket number

I'm making my own growing list with info given by people on here but its limited to my own area of interest.

·
Registered
73 Posts
the '77 casing parts book is 200+ pages full of numbers......

best thing probably is to scan the book. but I'm quite fond of my copy, so I wont cut it open.
but when I find a second one for a decent price I can cut is open and scan it and make it availabe.

meanwhile I'll be happy to help anyone who needs a partnr. ,just pm or email me. like swedefreak said, the 8 digit casing number is required for that

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats it Tiger you have hit the nail on the head, something like that for 6309 divers and then posted on the FAQ.

Next question is can it be done, If I were to make a simular page as a word.doc and post it could one of the experts, or any of the experts here fill in the gaps. It would be so useful to so many people for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts