The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, friends.

As much as I love the SRPA21, I'm not wild about the red accents. So I was thinking about adding the PADI dial to SRP773. Question is whether the blues would match? The PADI is of course a beautiful sunburst royal blue, but the SRP773 looks more navy. (As far as I can tell from internet pics, anyway.)

Does anyone with both references have a thought as to whether they'd match? Or even better yet, does anyone have a side-by-side pic or two? All thoughts/suggestions welcome. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I have had NOS blue SRPA21 dials and held them next to my SRP777 and in no way would that dial look right as a straight swap. Just my eye and my humble observations. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have had NOS blue SRPA21 dials and held them next to my SRP777 and in no way would that dial look right as a straight swap. Just my eye and my humble observations. Your mileage may vary.
SRP777 is black though, right? SRP773 is navy blue, so I wonder if it might work.

My question stated another way is: are the blues on the bezel inserts and chapter rings or SRPA21 and SRP773 the same hue or close? Or are the bezel and chapter ring on SRPA21 a lighter blue?

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
SRP777 is black though, right? SRP773 is navy blue, so I wonder if it might work.

My question stated another way is: are the blues on the bezel inserts and chapter rings or SRPA21 and SRP773 the same hue or close? Or are the bezel and chapter ring on SRPA21 a lighter blue?

Duh. My bad. Sorry. Yes, I have the black SRP777 so I just flat-out missed.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duh. My bad. Sorry. Yes, I have the black SRP777 so I just flat-out missed.
No worries! I appreciate the input. I may buy the dial just to see. If I do, I will update this thread. In the meantime, all thoughts and opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It looks kind of funky, but that might be what you are going for. I had a collection of blue dials that I tried when I had a SRP773 and IMHO that watch really wants something closer to matte navy blue.

With Stargate dial:

On the left with Sumo dial:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks kind of funky, but that might be what you are going for. I had a collection of blue dials that I tried when I had a SRP773 and IMHO that watch really wants something closer to matte navy blue.

With Stargate dial:

On the left with Sumo dial:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Excellent, thank you, Raydius! Nice looking mods you have there. I have been wearing the SRP773 for a little over a week and highly enjoying it. Like it so much, in fact, I've been thinking I won't mod it after all. Or maybe better yet, it's a good excuse to get another one and mod that one.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had the PADI and sold it off when I realized how much I loved my 773. I wanted to make it a bit nicer while not changing the look or the colors. So I asked Tom/SeikoPsycho2 to install a knurled insert from OSC and a Big Bubble sapphire from Crystaltimes. It still looks the same but a bit better.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Perfect strap to match.............:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts