The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have aTuna on the way :) and have a Seiko oyster( I think)but it has 22mm curved end pieces-
What options do I have to use it or should I just loom for a straight ended one
Thanks

·
Special Member
4,010 Posts
Looks like you have what I believe to be either a "president" or "jubilee" bracelet there. Ideally, you could just get some straight end links for it and you're all set. Just confirm size of middle link at the bracelet end and go from there. While conducting your search, just throw your tuna on a rubber strap in the meantime.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like you have what I believe to be either a "president" or "jubilee" bracelet there. Ideally, you could just get some straight end links for it and you're all set. Just confirm size of middle link at the bracelet end and go from there. While conducting your search, just throw your tuna on a rubber strap in the meantime.
Thanks Russ- I think maybe a president with 9mm middle link
I have a mesh to throw it on when it arrives (Tuesday)

·
Special Member
4,010 Posts
Thanks Russ- I think maybe a president with 9mm middle link
I have a mesh to throw it on when it arrives (Tuesday)
At 9mm, me thinks a straight end link to an oyster might do the trick. I ran into the same situation when I got a TST. Brad (MrMozza) and I swapped end links but I ended up buying a new bracelet anyway! Btw, do you have a bonafide "tuna" inbound or are you joining the TST ranks?

·
Registered
16 Posts
lewie I hope you don't mind me sticking my nose into your thread.....Congrats on your inbound Tuna! I just convinced a good buddy of mine to sell me his Tuna, an earlier quartz SBN007 and I'm on the hunt for a nice bracelet for it. I have a line on an original Super Engineer that is 22mm with straight end links but I see that on the strap code site the bracelets for the Tunas are all listed at 21.5mm. Can anyone tell me if the .5mm is of concern and what the difference between the SE I and the SE II is please.....Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the 017 measures 22.13 (ish) unsure the difference between the SEI and II sorry

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I have one of Will Jeans 22mm Oysters on my SBBN017 its a nice bracelet and smooth to touch (no rough edges) that matches the feel of the TC nicely.

And a 22mm straight vent on the 7548 TST its a Bonetto Cinturini, nice, soft and pliable. V comfy and a favorite for this watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts