Registered
11 Posts
Gts Steel TAG Heuer | Trade Me Marketplace

$1085 for the new movement etc.
Nairns are known for this:mad:

I'm trogedon.
Trogedon, AKA nzwatchdotor, AKA Paul,

Banned from here, I wonder why...

Paul is a terrible watchsmith and he ripped me off. I dropped a watch off to him to have a very small mark wiped off the inside of the glass. I got it back with a larger mark on the watch face, and he also scratched a line through two numerals (60) with the chronograph hand. He's about as unskilled as they come, gives the profession a bad name. I'm contemplating taking legal action against him.

He's cheap, really cheap, and you damn well get what you pay for. Look what he did to my watch:
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
11 Posts
SIX posts in different threads, in under an hour, saying almost exactly the same thing ? (n)
I think you've made your point. :rolleyes:
I was replying to different people who had bad experiences with Paul, but you are entirely correct.

I'll post a photo of my Arctura tomorrow to try to introduce some balance 😁.

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
Sorry to possibly offend, but I can’t tell from your photo exactly, so I will just ask outright. Is this a genuine IWC product, and if so, which reference? Some of the printing seems a little blurry but it could be just the lighting/steadiness of the shot.

·
Premium Member
and Cognoscente ... 15J Quartz Chrono's
2,167 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
It appears to be a Portugieser chronograph, reference IW371609.

It also begs the question why somebody would entrust a watch costing £7500 / $10,200 US / $14,750 NZ to a watchsmith on the basis that they're cheap. :unsure:
I’d prefer to hear from the owner of the watch. The one you link appears like a larger version, notice where the “Swiss Made” lines up with the 6 o’clock marker. I also see thinner strokes used in the seconds chapter ring in your link, is why I’m asking the OP about authenticity. No one wants a watch of theirs to be damaged, but all facts should be in evidence, including if this is a genuine product or a counterfeit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It appears to be a Portugieser chronograph, reference IW371609.

It also begs the question why somebody would entrust a watch costing £7500 / $10,200 US / $14,750 NZ to a watchsmith on the basis that they're cheap. :unsure:
He tried to charge me $40 🤬... Somehow he thought that I'd pay a token amount, after he damaged it. I don't care if he tried to charge me $40 or $200 for what should have been a simple task, I told him I wasn't paying a cent.

Sorry, my photos leave much to be desired. It's the 41mm 371609. My phone camera tends to focus on one area and blur others when I take a close up shot, but the one I posted was more blur than not 😅.

Arctura also as promised - I've had the Arctura for 15 years now. The AR coating on the IWC is beautiful in the light, the Seiko gets washed out (still my favourite watch though, for sentimental reasons).
Watch Hand Analog watch Light Clock

Watch Analog watch Body jewelry Silver Gesture

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
That is a unique Arctura- we don’t see very many of those around here!
Apologies for possibly impugning your IWC, I just wanted to give the benefit of the doubt regarding printing quality, but I think I have given too much of that already to NZ.
This regrettable situation can be fixed by sending into the factory for a new chapter ring (and likely a service due to unauthorized entry), but I hope this serves as a cautionary tale for those down the road who have a really nice watch that needs something minor- it’s still best to use factory-approved repair providers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is a unique Arctura- we don’t see very many of those around here!
Apologies for possibly impugning your IWC, I just wanted to give the benefit of the doubt regarding printing quality, but I think I have given too much of that already to NZ.
This regrettable situation can be fixed by sending into the factory for a new chapter ring (and likely a service due to unauthorized entry), but I hope this serves as a cautionary tale for those down the road who have a really nice watch that needs something minor- it’s still best to use factory-approved repair providers.
Don't paint us all with the same brush 😄, Paul is a character. He threw up red flags when I dropped my watch off in the first place that I should have listened to. The other watchsmith I just collected it from today was exceptional.

I actually don't know much about the Arctura at all. I didn't realise there aren't many of them around. I think it better suited my tastes when I was younger. However, I think it's still a great looking watch when paired correctly.
Watch Analog watch Clock Finger Watch accessory
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Finger

I've been bitten by a watch bug in the past couple of years. Right now I'm becoming quite obsessed with the Grand Seikos; their dials are stunning.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.