The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Special Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my order of 4 straps this week, two 20mm and two 22mm, and immediately put a couple to use.

What I’ve found:

1. Much stiffer than a genuine Swiss version, though about the same as some of the knockoff Hong Kong versions I’ve used. The Hong Kong versions kind of seem brittle to the touch but are actually durable. The Swiss versions conform to your wrist better, the US version might still require the hot water in a teacup treatment some folks employ. Haven’t determined if that is required in my case.

2. The Uncle Seiko version is almost half a mm thicker - ~3.30mm vs ~2.9mm. No opinion here, just an observation.

3. Looks perfect on the watch. I doubt anybody will notice it’s an excellent reproduction.

And on a Citizen 51-2273

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
I received my order of 4 straps this week, two 20mm and two 22mm, and immediately put a couple to use.

What I’ve found:

1. Much stiffer than a genuine Swiss version, though about the same as some of the knockoff Hong Kong versions I’ve used. The Hong Kong versions kind of seem brittle to the touch but are actually durable. The Swiss versions conform to your wrist better, the US version might still require the hot water in a teacup treatment some folks employ. Haven’t determined if that is required in my case.

2. The Uncle Seiko version is almost half a mm thicker - ~3.30mm vs ~2.9mm. No opinion here, just an observation.

3. Looks perfect on the watch. I doubt anybody will notice it’s an excellent reproduction.

And on a Citizen 51-2273

I received my 20mm and immediately put it to use on my new MWW No. 4

Stealing looks great and is definitely stiff, hope it will lose up a bit with some wear.

Obligatory wrist shot attached

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
You know, there was a time when it was assumed that every new strap would require some time for breaking in. I think we got spoiled! I wore my 22mm non-stop for a week, and (I know I have said this before, but) I think it is my favorite strap with the 6309. It is super comfortable, and yes it did take a few days.

Thanks for sharing!!

·
Special Member
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m just going to wear them as they are, no hot water for now. If they break in like the v2 waffle that should be all they need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just tightened mine by one additional hole and wore it that way overnight. When I took the watch off this morning the strap already had a nice arch to it. So I suspect it'll break in quite well (and quite quickly).

·
Special Member
17,111 Posts
I just got mine earlier in the week and haven't taken it off since. Worth much more than the $300 price tag imho. There's only 50 of them to go around also.... Grab one while you can!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep - very tempted to pick one up - I love the styling and it would be a great reason to buy and Uncle Seiko!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered 20mm and 22mm. I love the quality of the straps. definitely better than knock off ebay or amazon tropic.I'm planning to put 20mm on my SARB033 and 22mm on my PADI turtle. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I received mine as well and wearing it for the first time today. It is a bit stiff, but not worse than a lot of straps. Wearing it all day, so far it's been comfortable, already much better than when I first put it on. It's my first tropic style, and I think the waffle pattern on the back means it breathes better than most.

I also love that it should handle bigger spring bars. The watch I have it on won't accept bigger spring bars, but should I move it to a different watch, it'll be nice to have.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I also love that it should handle bigger spring bars. The watch I have it on won't accept bigger spring bars, but should I move it to a different watch, it'll be nice to have.
I have 22mm fat spring bars with standard tips for regular (non-diver) cases. PM me if you need a pair.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I received my tropic strap from Larry today. It?s just beautiful. I?ve never tried Swiss tropic straps so can?t do that comparison, but compared to for instance the waffles (both uncleseiko and Wjeans), this strap is very soft and comfortable. It?s a winner. Great job, Larry!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.