The Watch Site banner

OT: Whats the best way to send a lot of cash by mail ?

626 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  CombatID 
#1 ·
I have been lucky to have a couple of positive responses to my WTB on the TF thanks to Richard and we have agreed a cash (used notes) deal in principle and I would like to send him a thick brown envelope with the notes in it, International postage needed.

Which method would you use from the UK, Royal mail will only insure up to a max of £250 which is only a twentieth of the amount being sent, or would you just wing it and trust to luck that it gets through the postal system ok ?

#14 ·
It's been a few years, but I've sent small amounts of cash in the mail for watches. The older sellers were to worried about giving their bank details out in case I could somehow use them the clear out their accounts. Once it was for a Seiko diver in parts. I even sent the guy a prepaid envelope to send the watch to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
I live in NJ. It’s all about cash in envelopes, large black Cadillac sedans, and people saying forgeddaboudit. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tritto
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.