The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
29,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lucky to have a couple of positive responses to my WTB on the TF thanks to Richard and we have agreed a cash (used notes) deal in principle and I would like to send him a thick brown envelope with the notes in it, International postage needed.

Which method would you use from the UK, Royal mail will only insure up to a max of £250 which is only a twentieth of the amount being sent, or would you just wing it and trust to luck that it gets through the postal system ok ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
In our country, it’s illegal to mail cash. If one wants to send money by mail, has to be thru postal money orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
LOL miss out the scammer John and just Bank Transfer the money to me please and I will keep it safe!

BTW Who in there right mind sends thousands of £ by post or even a £10 note for that matter????

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
LOL miss out the scammer John and just Bank Transfer the money to me please and I will keep it safe!

BTW Who in there right mind sends thousands of £ by post or even a £10 note for that matter????
hahaha, I have because my paypal connected bank is far from me (old bank) and due to SIP, it is a pain to fund my paypal account. I trust some of the guys on here that I've known for a while...cash is king!

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
137 Posts
USPS will insure up to $5,000 for cash, but not when it originates in the UK of course. I would think DHL signature required and insured as valuable documents might work.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
JB, that's just too much temptation for a postal worker with 5 kids and a mortgage!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
"The Prospector"
4,554 Posts
personally, i would never send cash, i would bank transfer, no fees etc as you will know J.B. i bank transfered you for the pogue, it cuts out the uncertainty

·
Administrator
29,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys I was kidding as Richard is one of the scammers on the TF, his mate is now banned.

ps: Please note I would never never ever do anything as stupid as that, hopefully :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you have an old Monopoly or Life game sitting around that you don't use any more? Lots of scammer-worthy "money" in there...

·
Registered
3,621 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It's been a few years, but I've sent small amounts of cash in the mail for watches. The older sellers were to worried about giving their bank details out in case I could somehow use them the clear out their accounts. Once it was for a Seiko diver in parts. I even sent the guy a prepaid envelope to send the watch to me.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I live in NJ. It’s all about cash in envelopes, large black Cadillac sedans, and people saying forgeddaboudit.

Reactions: tritto
1 - 15 of 15 Posts