The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at the top of the page - the wave.
Here is a picture made by planting different varieties of rice in Japan.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Re: Don't know where to post this but it'll get deleted or moved by admin.

Wow, very 8) !!

I think it's close enough to stay! ;D Or at least I hope so! ;)

Thanks for posting! (Peter?)

- Thomas

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
that's cute and really impressive. Imagine how much work it must have taken to get a field of rice to do that. I mean, how do you guide the workers, from a balloon? IIRC this this was originally started by a village in Japan using different rice varieties and a computer to design the grid in which to plant each plant. I think every year they plant a new image and now different villages have gotten in on the act. And to think the rest of the world is stuck on crop circles. LOL

Here is a page showing pictures of how this particular field was planted and grown:

http://www.hemmy.net/2007/09/23/rice-field-art/

here is another one showing different images that have been done and closeups of the different colored rice plants that are used:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/japanese-rice-crop-art.shtml

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Field of Rice.....Build it and they will eat.

·
Registered
147 Posts
This is amazing. According to the article, "More than 150,000 visitors come to Inakadate, where just 8,700 people live, every summer to see the extraordinary murals."
I guess "hot air balloon" business must be very good over there...

·
Registered
232 Posts
How cool is that. I'd eat it I love rice!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just love the Japanese culture, started when I wandered into an upper division History class "Japanese History" in the early 70's. Took the year long course and it is still my favorite History class.

History of Mexico (another year long class) was my next favorite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts