The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went online: Artego Watches

If you ask me, that's pretty nice for $350 shipped ($400 for the PVD versions). It would be perfect if there was a second option for a more high-end movement - currently all models come with a Miyota 8215. The 8215 ain't bad, far from that, but I would rather have a hacking movement.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: New boutique brand: Artego

Chris said:
Do you have any insights on who produce the watch? What's the story behind it?
You, me and everyone else wants to know ::) . Funny that they basically came out of the blue without an iota about who they are. Not really smart in terms of sales IMO, but if the product is good...

sharkfinDave said:
Price point is really good. Miyota movement, some don't like these.
If it was something fancier then a 8215 I for one would be VERY interested in this watch :( .
Charge more and why not make a version with a 6R15? Or even the ubiquitous 2824 :-[ ? I'm sure their fan base would increase.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

So its wrong to like hacking and hand-winding capabilities on a modern watch? :-[

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I don't know if it's just my impression, but for about a year now the competition has been specially tough in this market. You can easily find good divers with a Miyota for less then $400 and less then $700 if you want an ETA. For us watch geeks I think that's fantastic, just look at Noah's prices, for around $500 you can get a 300 m 6R15 with outstanding quality. And how would I be able to find a 1000 m ETA 2824 dive watch like the Cave Dweller II for less then $1000 a year ago?
I really hope they all have success.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Isthmus said:
BTW, the 8200 caliber series does have hand winding. ;D
True, my mistake - I have a 8203 but forgot it does hand-wind.

MartinCRC said:
I think it's more like $750 for Noah's watch.
Depending on the options you ask for it's less then that, only the Tsunami with all the bells and whistles goes for $750. But the Halios is another good example.

But as Gabe said, you do see a LOT of over-lapping in terms of styles in all these micro brands. In regards to price and bang-for-the-buck they're a very solid option, but if you want something truly new or outstanding style-wise you will have to look to Switzerland. Even though I'm not a diver, I personally don't think that form can ever come ahead of function, but I know that for many people it does, so these watches may not be the best out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.