The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Re: New boutique brand: Artego

Whenever I read complaints about Miyotas I have to wonder if there is a bit of bias. After all, the current 8215 is as good or better a movement than found in many of the vintage Japanese and Swiss watches that collectors prize. More small watchmakers (watch designers, really) are using Miyota, as ETA movements become scarce and more expensive. The new Miyota 9015 will be a more direct competitor to the ETA 2824. I posted a picture here today of a Caravelle with a 40 yr. old Citizen movement in it, that still runs within about 15 sec/day, even though to my knowledge it has never been serviced. You would think that on a Japanese watch board you might find less unfounded bias towards a Japanese movement. You guys sound like the Time Zoners who can't accept that Seiko produces anything worthwhile since it isn't Swiss....

·
Registered
690 Posts
Re: New boutique brand: Artego

That's what I was thinking, Gabe. Also, if your non-hacking watch runs pretty accurately and you often cross a time zone or two, it's easy to set it an hour or two forward or back without having to check the seconds hand accuracy (for those of us fanatics who like their old mechanical watches to be within a few seconds of atomic time ... ;D )

Isthmus said:
I think Paul's point is that lacking them does not make the movement any lesser - as attested that they've been around for decades virtually unchanged and still remain a very solid and popular movement choice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.