The Watch Site banner

OT: Have I got a small one ?

2K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  TheTigerUK 
#1 ·
Monitor that is :)

I have 19 inch which I realise these days isent big but it is not tiny either.

I find that there are often photo's posted that i can only see about 25% of and it just ruins the experience for me and I don't see the posted picture.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me ?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jason, so in this post is Miles KS a normal size for you ? about 25% takes up my whole screen so i have to toggle about to see all the picture.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
1280-1024 the best I can get.
Nothing seems to work for me and to be honest i have just spent so long messing about doing something that i don't know what I am doing, I am now cheesed off and couldent care whether i can see big pictures or not !! :)

Discussion starter · #21 ·
Lol love the chicken! I'd say your laptop can not hack higher resolutions and your just going to have to scroll the pics I am sorry to say young bean ;)
Not even tried the laptop as it's steam driven and takes a while to fire up :)

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Seeing as I seem to have inadvertently caused Tiger a breakdown, I feel duty-bound to fix this once and for all...
Here is a photobucket version of an iPhone pic:

Is that better?
Cheers
Miles
Perfect Miles, you have made a old man happy :)

Discussion starter · #34 ·
One simple solution may be to check the settings you have for the image width in your forum settings.

Go to the User CP and then select edit options on the left side. Scroll down to the Image width field and enter a value for the max number of pixels wide for an image. If the image is wider than the value it will be resized to fit.

If this field is 0 then it will not resize the image at all. I have mine set to 1500 as all my displays are at 1920 wide and this seems a reasonable compromise. If the field is blank it should be 800 wide by default but try some different values and and see if that helps at all.
Thanks but dident work for me, Miles came through though, thanks all for the input I think in the future some time I need to upgrade pc or video card at least.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.