The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monitor that is :)

I have 19 inch which I realise these days isent big but it is not tiny either.

I find that there are often photo's posted that i can only see about 25% of and it just ruins the experience for me and I don't see the posted picture.

Anyone else have this problem or is it just me ?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Might be just you John, I don't think it will be your monitor size, maybe it's in the display settings, ie the ratio aspect? I dont really know but Ive never noticed cutting picture issues on any of the different sized displays I have...

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I'm viewing on a 17" laptop and when first viewed it's shown as a resized photo in which I can click on the bar at the top of the photo for full size viewing. Once done the photo takes up the whole screen but is complete with no scrolling.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Hey i get that sometimes on here too..and my screen is a 32" plasma...i am not sure if it is how the pic is setup or not...

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Looks as though you've got a small one John. Ive got 22" in HD here.
It was an Xmas pressie from Mrs Biggin, as i used to do a lot of photo restoration and needed something better than the 19 crt i used to have.
Try adjusting your display settings on the pc

I gave up toggling years ago, it makes you go blind.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Whoops!
I discovered this app called Puush which enables pics from my iPhone to be posted in literally 5 clicks - shame no one can see them!

Which route do you guys recommend from IPhone to SCWF?

Looks like I require a new methodology!

Cheers

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Miles' KS is Ok on my 13" laptop, it fits with plenty of screen to spare. I am using Chrome BTW

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
hey i would love to know best method from iphone too...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It's all down to your screen resolution guys. I use a 38" TV as my main monitor but only run a screen resolution of 1366x768. So if someone posts a image where it's resolution is say 1024x768 it is reduced in size and I have to scroll to view it. Where as if I set my screen resolution as say 1600x900 then I would not need to scroll around to view the complete image. The only issue I have with running higher resolution screens are everything becomes Tiny such as text and icons. You can alter the resolutions from your 'Display Settings' on Microswipe Windaz operating systems but don't ask me if you own a MAC what you need to do.

So in other words... If I have my laptop running a screen resolution of say 1600x900 it can display a larger image without the need for me to scroll around than my 38" screen on my home PC if that was running a lower screen resolution of 1366x768.

As I say the downside to high screen resolutions is although you get a sharper image everything gets smaller. I prefer to scroll around a bit when viewing a image rather than having to use my telescope to see other writing on the screen :)

Hope this all makes sense and helps!

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1280-1024 the best I can get.
Nothing seems to work for me and to be honest i have just spent so long messing about doing something that i don't know what I am doing, I am now cheesed off and couldent care whether i can see big pictures or not !! :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Whoops!
I discovered this app called Puush which enables pics from my iPhone to be posted in literally 5 clicks - shame no one can see them!

Which route do you guys recommend from IPhone to SCWF?

Looks like I require a new methodology!

Cheers
Looking at their website, they say, "puush to us is a quick way to share things on our screens. puush is not a data warehouse." One downside of this is that a year from now when people are looking through old threads your pictures will be missing. In that regard, attaching them directly to the forum is probably the way to go.

However, it's a little cumbersome, so I have an app called imgupr that uploads from my phone to imgur and gives me the embed links.

·
Registered
882 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
1280-1024 the best I can get.
Nothing seems to work for me and to be honest i have just spent so long messing about doing something that i don't know what I am doing, I am now cheesed off and couldent care whether i can see big pictures or not !! :)

Lol love the chicken! I'd say your laptop can not hack higher resolutions and your just going to have to scroll the pics I am sorry to say young bean ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts