The Watch Site banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

Bought this watch in 91’ or 92’ I think....it stopped working about 10 years ago and I couldn’t find anyone willing to fix it-I even had Seiko Australia return it to me untouched with the statement that due to its age and unavailability of replacement parts it was unrepairable.... :(
About 18 months ago I took it (in another vain attempt to see if it could be fixed....) to a watchmaker with an old Nixon dress watch that needed new power and a replacement bulb. The watchmaker asked me to wait one minute....and came back to say he would need to try and locate Nixon parts and could I leave it with him but could I wait another minute while he quickly looked at the Seiko. To my complete surprise and joy he returned in 5 mins with it running perfectly and it hasn’t dropped a beat since!! Can anyone here help me with information on replacing the bezel/face/hands as I’d like to restore it to original....but I did notice many comments on another white 7C43 that was almost as worn as mine suggesting to leave the worn patina.... any suggestions are very welcome, thanks for your time! :)
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

·
Special Member
3,066 Posts
I think (sorry to say) you have more chance of a large lottery win
wear it and enjoy it
hands and bezel insert are possible - dial I’d say probably no chance

·
Special Member
9,781 Posts
I like the character of your watch.

However, if you really want the dial re-done I believe there is a good chance it could be saved.

I've seen dials in the metal, in a similar condition to yours, brought back to as good as original by these guys:
CHRONOS Renowacja Tarcz

I've heard of others but have not seen their work.

Good luck with whatever you decide

1 - 3 of 3 Posts