The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon everyone,
Bought two straps off of the bay, the first one was attached to a Arnie, the second is real as I messaged the seller, but I don't have a clue which model it was fitted to? Must be a diver, my thought is 6309, but the buckle is wrong? Isn't it? Anyway, the length looks in keeping with an original. Thank you for any help.
Here's the pics, sorry about the quality, stolen off of seller.

Arnie strap

Unknown

Kind regards, David

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You would need to look at the stamps on the rubber and buckle from the back side. Also the last hole looks too close to the round "Tsunami".

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
well the first one looks real...second one looks aftermarket...God Bless John...gotta love the original bands ..

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries, the realish looking one is fitted to my Arnie anyway. They didn't cost a lot at all, so I'm not worried, bit miffed the seller stated that it had come off his H558 originally, and I asked him if the other one was real, which he said it was. All good though, you live and learn.
Kind regards to both of you.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
The first one looks to me to be an authentic Z-22 flat vent strap. What it may have came off of is beyond me. I have the same strap on one of my 6309-704x(not original to the watch). The second looks like a cheap fake. The logo font on it is fake and awful. The buckle looks to be good, but the strap itself appears to be a fake.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The first one looks to me to be an authentic Z-22 flat vent strap. What it may have came off of is beyond me. I have the same strap on one of my 6309-704x(not original to the watch). The second looks like a cheap fake. The logo font on it is fake and awful. The buckle looks to be good, but the strap itself appears to be a fake.

Cheers!
Mike
I was told it was from a H558 Arnie, OldHippie1968. Compared it to the other Z22 flat I got on a well sunned (faded) 7548, it has aged exactly the same, but still wearable, unlike the 7548 one.
Kind regards, David

·
Registered
240 Posts
April 1982 JDM H558-5000 original strap

Good evening David,
Hope you are well.
Here is a fresh macro shots of the "original" strap from my April 1982 HDM H558-5000.
Strap code GL 831 22
Please also see this SCWF post for other straps.

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/14056-gl831-watch.html

(Loving and using my newly acquired today wide macro lens from the bay for £1.12 and free delivery. Item number 281562798903)
Kind regards
Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you montecristoNo1, for the pic and link. I'm turning into one of those people who needs an original GL on his watches 8-}
Kind regards, David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts