The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey mod fans!

This is one that's been waiting to make it's debut. About a year ago, I had a couple of these cases coated in black graphite TiN. Never really did anything with the cases, just put them aside, waiting for the opportunity to present itself for a spec ops 6309.

Had to use a few am parts in the build, but that's what the client wanted here...just a cool watch that's fun to wear and has a shadow stealth appearance!

Liked it so much, I built two!!

Enjoy the photos...comments appreciated!

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm not a fan of black cases but his one stirs something in my nether regions. I suppose my all natural testosterone boosting pills might have something to do with that, but I'm pretty sure it's mostly that sexy case.

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Paul and Jeremy!

The way it looks on the wrist is pretty cool. The black coating keeps all the reflection down so you can really see the watch well...no reflected glare out in the bright sunlight.

Mike

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now seeing the new Srp reissue coming out in black pvd so will probably do some of those this coming year.

Might do one in gold too.

Mike

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, would've, should've, could've..

I guess since I don't actually have either one of these left to sell, this isn't really a "sales thread"!

These two 6309's were actually the first two watches I modded..just wanted to see what they would look like in black titanium nitride.

At some point, well over a year after I did the coatings, I completed the builds and listed them for sale.

They both sold in four seconds.

Now all I have left to remind me is the Blackfin tst.

Funny, it seemed like for about a year, I was posting a new mod every couple months or so.. Blackfin, Bluefin, Dark Sumo..

But this past year, I don't think I posted much of anything..just let the year get away from me I guess.

Maybe 2018 will be the year I get back in the game.

Happy New Year everybody!

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts