The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a long wait for this one and I certainly wasn't disappointed. It's automatic with hand winding and a hacking feature. The GMT hand is independent and adjustable in 30 minute increments. Those who like a date magnifier will love this round one. The magnification is considerable and it is easy to to read without your glasses - at least for me anyway. The dial looks deep with a layering effect and extra treatment is given to the dial under the power reserve sweep. The red GMT hand nicely matches the red letters "GMT" on the dial too.

The screw down crown at 4 adjusts the inner 24 hour bezel. The crown at 2 adjusts the time, date, GMT hand and winds the watch. Strangely, this crown is not screw down. The crown guard looks great too. The case is finished in a combination of polished and brushed surfaces.

The whole watch is beautifully finished. The hour, minute and power reserve hands are perfectly set and the date is square in the window.

Unfortunately, Orient chose to make the lug width 21mm which limits after-market strap selection. For a 7.5 inch wrist, I removed three links.

Quick Specs:

Model WZ0011DJ
Orient in House Automatic Movement
Caliber 40P50
Hand wind and Hackable
Power reserve of 40 hours
Accuracy: +25 to -15 seconds daily
Diameter: 41.5mm (not including crown) 44mm (including crown guard)
Thickness: 14mm
Lug to Lug: 49.5mm
Lug Width: 21mm
Sapphire Crystal with non reflective coating
Case Back: See thru Mineral Crystal
Weight 171g
Water Resistance: 100m
Date Window
Power Reserve Gauge
Independent GMT hand
Inner 24hr bezel adjusted by screw down crown at 4 position
Time, GMT hand and date adjusted by non screw down crown at 2 position

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Very, very nice :bravo_2:

One question and one comment....

Can the hour hand be independently adjusted without having to hack/stop the watch?

And the comment.....

I really do not care for the cyclops over the date..... The watch would have been perfect without it.

Enjoy it in good health..

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
minidriver said:
Very, very nice :bravo_2:

One question and one comment....

Can the hour hand be independently adjusted without having to hack/stop the watch?

And the comment.....

I really do not care for the cyclops over the date..... The watch would have been perfect without it.

Enjoy it in good health..
Hi Frank.

The date and the GMT hand are adjusted at the first pull out position of the crown - one way changes the date and the other moves the GMT hand. The second crown pull out position engages hacking and adjusts the regular time.

I love the cyclops - no need to put on my glasses to read the time. Give it some years Frank and you will know what I mean! :) Easy to remove it.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Very nice looking watch, the fit and finish look first rate. I am with Mini on the cyclops though, not my cup of tea, and seems to go against the other styling cues of the watch.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Very nice.

I love how the end links sit low in between the lugs to stay in line with the sides of the case. The design appears to have been extremely well thought out. :great:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
:57: Man, that is a great looking watch! For some reason I don't find the round cyclops as offensive as the Rolex type. I much prefer the clean look of this GMT to the busier world timer models (which I actually used to love but my tastes have changed).

The case an bracelet look beautifully finished.

Nice pick-up, Kew!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Very nice. I think it may look better without the power reserve indicator, but at the same time it is such a characteristic feature of Orient and they do an excellent job of incorporating it into the design of the watch. Lots of nice details too. Dial looks enameled and the markers are well finished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts