The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally gave in & brought one :) was posted from the states yesterday.

However, I just cant get past the Bezel design, I don't like it at all!

Now, some of the guys on here have done a MOD that involves switching the Orient bezel with a Seiko one.

E.g:-

can anyone on here give me the heads up on this? A link, or better yet someone whos done it?

Thanks, Jason.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That looks identical to a SKX171 bezel so I'm guessing a SKX007 bezel will be a straight swap. Cousins had the 007 bezels (currently an order only item) but they are not cheap at around £65 once the vat and postage is added on. A cheaper and better looking option would be one of Dave Murphy's coin edge bezels and your choice of insert.

I have a spare SKX171 bezel that you can try if you want to confirm it fits before ordering a 007 or Murphy one.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
That looks identical to a SKX171 bezel so I'm guessing a SKX007 bezel will be a straight swap. Cousins had the 007 bezels (currently an order only item) but they are not cheap at around £65 once the vat and postage is added on. A cheaper and better looking option would be one of Dave Murphy's coin edge bezels and your choice of insert.

I have a spare SKX171 bezel that you can try if you want to confirm it fits before ordering a 007 or Murphy one.
No need to guess -
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/seiko-orient-hybrid-bezel-swap-264474.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread ... can anybody share the model number for unmodified Orient watch, I like the brushed/matte bezel. I'd be interested in buying one if the OP swapped his out.

(looks like I can't post pictures or links yet, I'm talking about the larger picture with the watcholic watermark from the original post)

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts