The Watch Site banner

Orient Kamasu

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bosjohn 
#1 ·
I presently own two Orient watches. The first is an Orient Solar Chrono. The watch is 42mm, has a green dial with gold hands, 100m WR, and is hard to fault. My second is a MK1 Mako XL with an orange dial. This is a stunning watch, however technically not very good. The hollow end links are noisy, mineral crystal, loose 60 click bezel, and I had to regulate it three times myself to get it within acceptable limits.

I am now looking at the Kamasu, which some people refer to as the Mako 3. From what I have read it is a far better watch, with a different movement, sapphire crystal, and a 120 click tight bezel. The biggest attraction is that it comes with the option of a maroon dial. Just wondered, does anyone own one, and what do they think ?

#5 · (Edited)
Sorry to be late to the party. I have a Komasu with the dark blue/green dial. It's a superb watch for the money, I think I paid about £180 for it. In-house, hacking movement, sapphire crystal etc. It keeps decent enough time and has a great lume. The only two niggles are the tinny bracelet, which I've swapped for a more substantial Strapcode item and the fiddly crown, which I think is too small.

#6 ·
I'll chime in that I have the maroon and love it. It's not a big watch, and it's very comfortable on a leather strap. Keeps to about 10s a day, which is pretty good.

Not sure I'd call it an "in-house" movement... Seems more likely than not to be a smoother 4r36. Much better timed than the Seiko version.

Crown size is not an issue unless you're messing with it all the time!

D

#7 ·
I just got one of these and at first i was a taken back by how small it is compared to any of my seiko divers but after a few days i realized how comfortably it wears. I am not fond of the bracelet but its at least as good as the entry level sicko abomination. Citizen seems to understand bracelets better. in any event i now love the watch but i have two beefs. One the lugs are not drilled and two compared to the seiko counter parts the lume sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.