The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,im new to the forum. I like Seiko and Citizen among other makes however i have a vintage Orient that i like and went looking for a King diver online. I saw an ebayer in Ukraine selling some Orient watches that looked vintage but brand new and i couldnt find any pictures online of anything that looked similar from Orient.
I know that many other brands are copied and franked so would i be right in thinking that this happens with Orient too?
Cheers

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The king diver is one of the most faked models so be very careful.
Google search will bring up a buyer's guide I read once a few years ago.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
In general, Orients are not copied. I believe that Seiko had dominated the watch market in Japan when I arrived in 2003. You could not find Orients in stores and one shop keeper told me that Seiko controlled the market and pushed Orient out.
Orient was left to market SE Asia and eastern Europe (which is why one finds many Orients there. Orient also flourished in Brazil.
Possibly one might find a franken Orient in India...
Found this Orient midsized in 2005 and think it was made around 2000
Orient oblique angle larger good by toypoodleKimi, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
The king diver is one of the most faked models so be very careful.
Google search will bring up a buyer's guide I read once a few years ago.
I guess you are right about faking the King diver....here is a 2007 thread in which a French collector mentioned that possibility..

Re: Orient king diver 21 jewels automatic

allow me to barge in

I have the same watch (kd, black face) s/n gs469620a-7cpt

I guess that's a 469, but I exwpect this watch to be franken. Pics'll come when I've opened it​

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks thianwong, perhaps if i were to show the two models in here someone could identify them as real or otherwise?
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know much about Orient Watches but they have some interesting looking designs, whats the quality like on them?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't know much about Orient Watches but they have some interesting looking designs, whats the quality like on them?
I have recently bought this Generation 2 Orient Bambino, and am most impressed. From the start, +5 seconds a day, and exudes quality. I love this elegant dress watch, and have become quite enamored with Orient. Some don't like the winding noise, but I enjoy knowing it is at work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have recently bought this Generation 2 Orient Bambino, and am most impressed. From the start, +5 seconds a day, and exudes quality. I love this elegant dress watch, and have become quite enamored with Orient. Some don't like the winding noise, but I enjoy knowing it is at work.

edit: settled on just over 1 second a day gain. This watch feels more hands-on than totally machine made. Certainly well regulated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a nice looking Orient. Are they still made by Seiko? or made in Brazil with Japanese movements? I know that the modern Technos watches are also made in Brazil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts