The Watch Site banner

Ordering from Boley - anyone help

6K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  SSTEEL 
#1 ·
Hi All.

Just wondered if anyone can assist.

I have an account opened but as yet have not placed my first order. Despite asking them (no reply as yet) and google translating, i am not sure what some of ordering options are.

For example - there are 3 dots - one of which is coloured in. I suspect this refers to the stock situation (ie, in stock, needs to be ordered etc) but am not sure. I also have some items that don't have a price in for them.

As this stage i don't want to press the order button in case i then get part shipments and incur lots of shipping charges (as done by Cousins).

Hence, if anyone can assist, i would be most grateful

Thanks

Barry

#2 ·
Its a nightmare, I have had one successful transaction with them, but then afterwards it seems they reset my account and I have to try and start all over again. Its not clear when they list things as orderable, if that is really true or not, and if I remember rightly you dont know the price until you order, so you dont know what to order so... its a mess.

#3 ·
I checked out Boley and since I am just a hobbyist they seem to make it very clear they do not want business. Their motto were sell to the dealers NOT the end user. You need to fill out a length application with either your jewelers license or references from other wholesale dealers. They turned me off from day one. I stick with Jules & Borel and Otto Frei. They both have great customer service.
They only thing I use boley's site for is to cross reference parts.

Michael

#5 ·
Otto Frei sells a little bit of everything. If you are looking for something like a hard to Find Seiko Crystal you can call them up and they will special order it for you. I have bought from them several times. To me it appears they do not have as big of an inventory as J&B but they are friendly and pleasant to deal with.

Michael

#8 ·
Now here's something I'd love to witness: a friend of ours successfully placing an order at Boley's.

I've talked to a lot of collectors about placing orders at Boley's, but to this day I have never found a single success story of customer satisfaction. It would be a dream come true to actually find them as an alternative to locate and source parts for Seiko watches.

Barry, please keep us posted about your experience, if you can make your order come through successfully.

#11 ·
I know the local watch supply store finds that dealing with hobbyists who take a long time to buy less than $20 of parts is a huge waste of their time.
That said, it's the hobbyists that help keep them afloat (at least here in Sydney anyway) so they would be a little more understanding. I have found my local supply house always helpful if you know what you want and make a quick decision.

#13 ·
Nope - they aren't making it easy for me to give them my money.

I have Google translated what i can - emailed them questions . No response.

All i wantto do is put some business there way. I would estimate that teh first order would be £80 - £100 ish. With a total yearly spend 0f £300 to £400 . Itws weird how some companies bend over backwards to get your money - by hook or by crook. Whilst others are just the opposite.

Chris - I failed you :)

#14 ·
I have had no luck buying from them either, but hell I did try hard at one point due to not being able to find the part I was after anywhere else. In the end I gave up, I still need the part, but now just scour eBay etc in the hope the part shows up, or a complete parts watch.

#17 ·
Update, two years on, I now thought I would give Boley another chance as they list an item I want at over €300 cheaper than Cousinsuk, I've submitted my order, which is almost €1000, so far all I got was an automated email notification of my order, but I'm left hanging.

I didn't receive at any time, the options to pay for my order, what payment options are accepted, cost of shipping, nothing, very unprofessional so far really, but I shall update this post if they get back to me on Monday, will accept it is a weekend right now, so maybe thats why no reply yet?

Two years ago, I thought maybe they didn't want to entertain me with such a small order of a part or two for watch movements, but now having a much more expensive order, we'll see.

#15 ·
There is still hope for hobbyists in search of difficult Seiko parts to get a hold of.

I learned about a company called The William S. McCaw Co. , US based, which is very eager and prompt to help out in sourcing Seiko parts by request.

You have to get in touch with them, inform them what you need (probably having the casing numbers and better yet the part numbers would go a long distance in makig them happy to help) and wait for their confirmation for availability and price.

Here's the link: http://www.mccawcompany.com/products.htm

If anyone desires to try them, please don't forget to relate your experience here in the forum. :cool:

Hey Barry: :D:cool:

#16 ·
Well, i have not ordered from them before. But i do find their parts list useful. I usually get my parts from a parts house in Singapore, Khatena Masood, <khatena.com.sg>

For Seiko parts however, i usually order direct from the Seiko Service center in Malaysia.

If you are in the UK you can order it from KKH services, <kkhservices.co.uk>

However, the best is Cousinsuk, where you order parts directly after signing up for an account. Discounts are given for online orders too. Jules Borel is good too.

#25 ·
Yes, I can see availability, but its been the same as a couple of years ago, three OOO, with either all green, or just 1, which indicates low stock (The latter).

Update #3 - Boley emailed me asking for my Finnish VAT number, which is Vero here in Finland.

German VAT is 19%, Finnish is 24%, and UK is 20% as stated above, so I'm not saving as much as I hoped, just waiting for my invoice now with shipping included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.