The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an orange dialed 7548-700C that I got at a second hand store in Japan several years ago.

The bezel insert was replaced with a common black bezel insert with white numbers.

I would like to replace it with the original style: black with orange numbers.

After several YEARS of on/off searching (mostly ebay) I have never seen one for sale.

Has anybody ever seen one for sale, if so, where?

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
It's closer to yellow or gold numbers on a black background, not orange. Do be advised that the gold tone can fade to silver- mine is now only subtly gold in the right light (perhaps yours is the same?). The closest replacement you might find would be an insert from an SKX011, though differing from the originals in a few ways, most notably the lume dot size.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Just recently I have been looking around on the interweb for a black/gold bezel insert for a friend and could find nothing. The only one is for a SKX011 it was a genuine Seiko part and it will come as part of the complete bezel assembly. It was quite expensive too at £60 or more by the time our crippling VAT (UK) had been added.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I just went on Cousins site this morning about that very subject.
The gold is bezel and inset combined only at £48 and there is a blue insert version at £50ish.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've got an SKX on order from creation as a base for a future project. If the OP wants the bezel then we could work something out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice.

Now that I realize a SKX011J1 will fit, I expend my search on ebay and I'm sure that something will turn up since SKX is much more popular than 7548.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts