The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a good condition orange dial 6139-6040 for a while. It is a nice size at about 40mms and they orange dial make them seem rather sporty. They are a bit hard to find as both the bezel and the dial seem to wear out quite easily. This one has an very nice dial and a decent bezel. I was a bit surprised about the red / black bezel as most of these seem to have a silver / black combination but it seems strange if it should be a replacement. Bracelet seems original.

- martin

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
One of these in really nice shape has been on my list for quite a while now. The are few and far between, and the really nice ones tend to go for pretty good money.

I bought a NOS orange -6040 dial years ago...and am still waiting for a watch to put it in. asleep

·
Registered
702 Posts
You are right, Martin, it has a black/silver insert.
I have a 6139-6040 (with another dial inside, the original movement,hands and dial were gone)
but you can see the correct insert here

Sorry, the spare faded insert went to a new home last month...

Cheers,
Galpo

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Cobrajet25 said:
I bought a NOS orange -6040 dial years ago...and am still waiting for a watch to put it in. asleep

Lol, I have a NOS bezel and an excellent case, hands etc, just been looking for a NOS dial.... asleep

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
I owned a near-mint example, excellent case / dial / hands / movement - but the bezel insert in the silver area was blank. Jonathan explained that the white-on-silver printing area was faulty out of the factory, and that the text could seriously wear in a few weeks, and that Seiko exhausted all of their spares through warranty repairs very quickly.

I kept it for a few days, and then moved it on.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spencer said:
I owned a near-mint example, excellent case / dial / hands / movement - but the bezel insert in the silver area was blank. Jonathan explained that the white-on-silver printing area was faulty out of the factory, and that the text could seriously wear in a few weeks, and that Seiko exhausted all of their spares through warranty repairs very quickly.

I kept it for a few days, and then moved it on.
I saw that sales post, a week too late unfortunately. That was a good looking watch.

- martin

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Cobrajet25 said:
One of these in really nice shape has been on my list for quite a while now. The are few and far between, and the really nice ones tend to go for pretty good money.

ah nice...i have a NOS gold dial and have been looking for a nice case/insert as well.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one of these seiko chronograph watches in a good condition too and it has original bracelet as well. You told nice ones tend to go for pretty good money, Would you tell me What would be the price of this watch? .... Thank you .......

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have one of these seiko chronograph watches in a good condition too and it has original bracelet as well. You told nice ones tend to go for pretty good money, Would you tell me What would be the price of this watch? .... Thank you .......
Do you have a picture?

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Now this is Most Definitely a Ressurected Thread😜
I thought Martback was Back😂

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Does SCWF allow "what is my watch worth" threads?

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Well, I say let them roam wild and free. If they want to play Papa Doc Duvalier and play reanimator then let 'em

But that's just me

I actually want to thank the resurrectionists. This is quite a striking 6139 that I wasn't aware of.

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts